VihtaVuori/Lapua Tuning Class at the Shamrock!

Hey Guys and Gals!
Hope everyone is enjoying the recent trend in Global Warming this early Spring! (I know I certainly am!!)

I will be attending the Shamrock Match this weekend in beautiful Dublin, GA. As such, with the continued support of VihtaVuori Powder and Lapua reloading components, I will be conducting a N133/Lapua Rifle Tuning session this Friday evening, immediately after Flag Setting, in the range Clubhouse.

All are welcome! There is NO cost to attend this rifle tuning session. I will also be handing out some N133 powder samples to all who attend my tuning session Friday evening!:cool: I promise, you'll have a great time learning something new!!

I will be covering the following N133 tuning, Lapua .220 Russian case-prep and match strategy topics during my session:
- Proper neck-turning and prepping your Lapua .220 Russian cases
- Full-length die/Headspace set-up and maintenance of your Lapua .220 Russian Cases
- Tuning for different conditions with N133 Powder
- Interpreting your target's bullet holes and group formation
- Understanding and using Mirage!
- Proper Flag setting/range lay-out
- Proper bench set-up and gun-handling skills and drills!
- Beginner and advanced match strategies...
- Open Q/A...

I will be attending most of the NBRSA Eastern Region and select IBS Group BR matches and Nationals this year and will plan on conducting VihtaVuori/Lapua tuning sessions at each match, complete with lovely VihtaVuori parting gifts for the kids!

Would ask that everyone please try and bring a new shooter to each match this year! Let's grow our sport by bringing in new (and past) shooters to a match!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the Shamrock and other group matches this year!
Best Regards,

Jack Neary

I will not be able to attend the Shamrock but I hope someone plans to video your classes/sessions. I learned so much from watching the ones that are on YouTube. They are a great learning tool for newbies like myself. Hats off to you for taking the time and effort to provide these classes......free of charge no less!!!!

Jack,
I have never met you ,but would like to say I hope to meet you someday. I can't help but notice that you seem to continually give back to this sport, You give your time to help others who may be struggling or need that extra help from a seasoned veteran such as yourself.I am sure there are those that will chime in with the typical response "well you could ask for some help" but that isn't what I am talking about, You do it selflessly, and usually before a large match. The only guy that ever wanted to do things like this is a guy from L.A, and there are a bunch of guys on this site that don't care for him and he was actually banned from the site at one time. We participate in a very tough sport, there are no handicaps or classes, so when you get to a match your up against the best shooters in the world, and if you don't have a mentor or coach your just there for practice! You can buy all the best equipment , read all the books you want, but if you don't have a mentor or coach thats close by you can expend thousands of dollars each year and get absolutely nowhere! If you want to know what will sustain bechrest shooting, I would say it would be to help others as you do. Thanks for all you do to help this sport! I would like to see other top notch shooters here in the western region offer their talents as you do before a large match!

Last edited:
Jack, thanks, it was very good presentation and well worth hearing and applying during the match. For anyone who wasn't there or hasn't been to one of Jack's tuning sessions, the session he had last year at the Nationals is available to watch on u tube. Thanks again for taking the time to help other shooters. That's one of the things that makes benchrest shooting so enjoyable. Shooters will bend over backwards to help someone even if it winds up helping you place higher than them.

If you would like to see his presentation in print, there is an article in Precision Shooting Magazine (December 2010). Good shooting, James Mock

I was lucky enough to be able to attend one this weekend in Calgary Alberta. Jack is one great guy and puts on one of the most informative sessions I have ever attended! Truly dedicated to improving our sport. How many guys would take the time out of their life to fly to Calgary and try to educate a bunch of Red necks how to shoot? Jack if you are ever wanting to come up here and kill a mess of coyotes just holler, there will be a bunch of guys tripping over each other to get you a batch. You likely won't be able to put them in the plane beside you on the seat, even if you dressed them up, but we could take pictures!!

Thats a great Class'' If your there don't miss it. for new shooters and even some old shooters you may really learn something' Great classes jack'' I know a lot of people learned something new at the one you did at Camillus'

Back