Vihtavouri Powders

So has anybody heard any REAL current information on the supply and the future of the VV line? It has been several months since the news about the plant closing. It would be nice to have some idea what is going to happen.

Thanks

Joe Hynes

Somewhere back up this thread I made the suggestion to call Hodgdon or Kaltron-Pettibone. Do that if you want to find out what the current deal is.
I talked to a company VP in France several weeks ago who said "we bought the company but I don't know what our plan for it is".

That is as far as I am going on this since I don't use any of their powder.

Hello Bill,

My email address is rains310@gmail.com if you would like to send me your phone number I will give it to Danny and he will call you as he is a truck driver and on the road right now and is very much interested in the powder you have.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell, I'll call Danny. Do me a favor though......I don't want to mess with his sleep.

Find out the hours he's running and sleeping and I'll call him in that window of time when he's up.

Likewise if he's gonna be out of cell coverage.

I'm a truck driver too, so I understand strange hours, cell phone outages etc........I'm at home for the next few days.

He should be running most of the day today 8-5pm or he will be home tomorrow 607-243-5690.

Thanks Bill

Russell

jerry
what does hodgdon have to do with the VV lines of powder? how could they help with some info? are they all together??? thanks lee

jerry
what does Hodgdon have to do with the VV lines of powder? how could they help with some info? are they all together??? thanks lee

Hodgdons is now probably the biggest US distributor of the VV product. They also have exclusive US distribution rights for IMR and Winchester powders. My good friend Ron Reiber pulled a slick one on the rest of the US powder market with these agreements.

Prior to this Caltron=Pettibone had exclusive US rights for VV. (I just looked on the Lapua home site and C-P is no longer listed for the US powder products) http://www.lapua.com/en/distributors.html

Last edited:
The following was a reply from Lapua.

Dear Mr. Boelk

Nammo is in the process of negotiations to purchase the Eurenco Vihtavuori powder factory and hopefully this deal will close soon. Then, some reorganization and restructuring will be necessary before the full potential of that factory is realized. Thanks for your patience and understanding. In the long run, the supply and availability of VV powders will be much improved. In the short term, we'll have some pain.

Best regards,

Adam

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:42 AM
To: abraverman@lapua.us
Subject: Feedback from Lapua website

This message is from Lapua website feedback form.

Thank goodness Lou did what he did with the LT powder, or some of us would be caught with our pants down. I have less than 2lb of VV133 in my shop. I don't shoot 133 much anymore, but it does shoot well in a 22ppc .100 short barrel I have. Thanks Lou!! Lee

Yes, it's a good thing

that there are other alternatives available. I am just thankful I have enough 133 to last several years. Do the other powders shoot? I am sure they do as seen from the match reports. I just didn't want to throw away 10 years of learning what I can do with N-133. I have some LT-32 and have shot very little of it. Yes, I can make it shoot dots, (on that day). All I am saying is that there is a learning curve to every new powder. Where this is a world qualifying year I don't want to get caught not knowing what to do with powder.
I will keep testing LT and others under different conditions. When I feel I have a handle on it I will try them in a match. I hope I am surprised! It's easy to get set on one certain combo and get tunnel vision and not try other things. This applies to ALOT more than powder.

Richard Brensing

I do have a stash of the St Louis/Bruno 8208 that was going around a couple years ago. Ive been told it is actually VV 132?? Im not sure that's true, but it does act a little like VV powder. This St Louis/Bruno 8208 always shoots best when its humid, just like 133. So with the LT and the 8208 im all set. Lee

I do have a stash of the St Louis/Bruno 8208 that was going around a couple years ago. Ive been told it is actually VV 132?? Im not sure that's true, but it does act a little like VV powder. This St Louis/Bruno 8208 always shoots best when its humid, just like 133. So with the LT and the 8208 im all set. Lee

Skeet, what are you calling St Louis/Bruno 8208?

jerry
I will look up the numbers on the jugs this afternoon and report. lester Bruno was selling this powder a year or so back, as was a powder supply house in downtown st Louis. lee

Jerry here is the lot # from that powder # AAC 1222910

Thanks Tony. That is not the Tom Ripley/Ron Hoehn batch then. I have a sample of the above powder but I forget where I got it. Clay Spencer helped me run it down, methinks. (Don Jones??) I'll have to check my notes.

VV again, maybe?.

I know its an old thread, but to follow up a bit... I saw a press release at the SHOT Show stating that Nammo had in fact completed their purchase of VV and the guy passing out the paperwork (a US distributor) said they were working on getting powder flowing into the country.

I know its an old thread, but to follow up a bit... I saw a press release at the SHOT Show stating that Nammo had in fact completed their purchase of VV and the guy passing out the paperwork (a US distributor) said they were working on getting powder flowing into the country.

That is good news, now let's hope the new improved price will also be good news.

Back