Vid of T.B. shooting his rail gun @ 2012 Nationals

I can't say it's barrels because sometimes a barrel will shoot better on another gun but I think ANYONE who's fired a few thousand shots thru BR rifles will concede that some setups will shoot thru the wind better....some setups just aren't bumped out by those "Oh SP!T!" switches.

IMO

al

Are we watching the same video? He waited untill the flags settled onto that slight turn right to left, (orange), and ran em.
The formula is brutally simple. You go to the line with a Rifle that has .150 agging capability, and trust it. Tony had probaly studied the conditions that morning and knew that there was that gentle angle as the condition would swing back around, and he knew how long it would stay there.
No adjustments, and certainly no magic. He knows when to shoot.

One think I really liked about that video was Tony's reaction. He has probably done this thousands of times, yet, when he looked after that last shot, it could have as easilly been the excitement of a first year shooter. It never gets old.

I suspect that is a Bartlien Barrel.

Last edited:
Jackie that look really stood out to me having been there and as you state it never goes away no matter how many times it turns out as planned. His patience is also something that has always amazed me especially when time is just about to run out. As well as his confidence in his condition returning as he is just simply waits for it to come seemingly without any signs of concern.

J.Louis

Are we watching the same video? He waited untill the flags settled onto that slight turn right to left, (orange), and ran em.

Jackie, what you couldn't quite see was that the second flag (just out of view) turned hard and the edge of that gust is what caused the daisy on the first flag to slow down and change direction slightly. I guess you'd have to be there to get the full effect, but myself and several others who saw it (several times throughout the week) commented on how that condition should've put the bullet out a ring. Yet, it didn't. That's whats amazing to me. Yes, I've had barrels that would let me get away with that, but I haven't had one in so long....well, that's a whole different story.........;)

And yes, this was a Bartlein.

Back