VFS Match at the Iosco Sportsmens Club, NE Michigan

AndyTaber

Calling all shooters, at least those within earshot, to the first 100 yard Score match of the season at the Iosco Sportsmens Club, just North of East Tawas, Michigan, on the shores of Lake Huron. The range is at 1600 N US23, next to Jays RV sales.

Gates open at 7am, Match begins at 10am. We offer Factory, Factory Modified and Custom classes. If none of that fits, just shoot what you bring. Cost is $10.00. We award a certificate to the class winner.

Hope to see you on the range.

Andy,

If I get my gun back in time, I will try to make it. It was supposed to be here a month ago but my gunsmith has been sick. When I got sick three years ago I sold my bench guns. My Ruger .22 is the only suitable gun I have and it's in Colorado.

I'll try.

Dick

Next ICSC shoot is a group match on 13 May. If I don't have my gun I will be there scoring.

VFS is that something one would shoot w/ a 22 BR gun?

What target is used?

I think you are talking about a rimfire .22. These are centerfire, many of them 6 PPC's.

There are two kinds of rimfire matches down at Isabella County Sportsmans Club, just outside of Mt. Pleasant. I recommend the egg shoots that are held on Sunday afternoons. Google the ICSC and click on "Ranges".

Haven't seen you since we shot up at Joe Haller's matches.

Dick Wright

I still shoot at Sault Sainte Marie, CCSA. Not the same without Joe, to be sure.
First shoot is 2nd Saturday.. We have about 12-14 diehards. Wed probably be shut down if it wasnt for half dozen from N of the border.

I have been to Mt Pleasant once each of the last two shooting seasons. I was considering tomorrow but weather has not allowed me to the range but looks good for today. Wont make it tomorrow.

Egg shoots sound interesting but Im not really into 100 yds without trying that at home range a few times.

Ill plan on the next 22 BR shoot at Mt Pleasant looks like on June 1.

Chuck Langenderfer

I still shoot at Sault Sainte Marie, CCSA. Not the same without Joe, to be sure.
First shoot is 2nd Saturday.. We have about 12-14 diehards. Wed probably be shut down if it wasnt for half dozen from N of the border.

I have been to Mt Pleasant once each of the last two shooting seasons. I was considering tomorrow but weather has not allowed me to the range but looks good for today. Wont make it tomorrow.

Egg shoots sound interesting but Im not really into 100 yds without trying that at home range a few times.

Ill plan on the next 22 BR shoot at Mt Pleasant looks like on June 1.

Chuck Langenderfer

Chuck,

The .22 BR shoots are held late (Start time 6 PM) on Thursday afternoons. Consequently they don't get many shooters that have any distance to drive. I wish they were held on weekends.

Dick

Back