Valdada - Who has used one...

jimmymac

J McGregor
...and more importantly are you still using it? If not, then why?

There are only a handful of reviews out there on these scopes. I figured you all have the scoop on the scope so to speak. The price point puts it in the same category as the Leupold Competition. Funds will not allow me to go much higher, so my choices are rather limited it seems.

Any input publicly or privately would be appreciated. Thanks.

I like mine

I bought my floating dot Valdada 36 used. It has performed exactly as I would have wished; lightweight, clear glass, with solid turrets. It is mounted on my VFS rifle. I'm very pleased. Overall, I believe the general consensus has been positive. Good luck!

I have used my Valdada with the floating dot for over a year now and I really enjoy the clear bright optics. It has precise controls
and is built like a tank. Light weight it is not but I still make LV weight due to my Scoville stock. Some don't like the floating dot
because the reticle is busy but I think it helps my eye focus better. I wish I could tell you that it has improved my groups dramatically
but I still shoot the same (not the scopes fault) only with a much clearer picture and confidence that the scope will hold point of aim.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Very good optics, holds point of aim. Have two, need another. Check with Bart Sauter, he's a distributor.
Charlie Hood

I had 2 of the older 36x's they weighed about 3.5oz more than the newer ones. One has their BR8 reticle, (floating dot with crosshair and hash marks on both of the crosshairs) and a regular crosshair and dot. Sold the crosshair and dot scope. Also owned a 9-36 tactical with a 34mm tube. That was a real nice scope but real heavy. IOR's hold POI just as well as any of my March scopes, brighter than 4 of the 5 that I have left. The only March that I own that is a tad brighter with my eyesight is my HM 48x. The only negative thing that I can say is that IOR ought to increase the magnification to at least 45X. Having a 50X would be much more desirable. Just sucks getting old and needing more magnification. You can't beat them for the money. Rock solid, clear and dependable just about sum them up.

Last edited:
Why is Valdada

stuck on 36X? Haven't they seen the observable trend to higher power benchrest optics by many?

stuck on 36X? Haven't they seen the observable trend to higher power benchrest optics by many?

I ended up with a Nightforce 42x44 for that very reason. I was 99% of the way down the road to buying that Valdada from Bart but the 36X kept holding me back. I'm sure I would have been fine with it, but in the end I just felt like I wanted more magnification.

Thanks to all who chimed in here on my thread.

Back