Valdada 36X - To-date summary

Valdada 9-36

I've been using the 9-36 version for two years on my rimfire bench rest rigs.
I can report zero issues.
In the process of gathering the parts for a new build. A Valdada will top it.

Yes. I have shot around fifteen 100 yard aggs this year in VFS with my 30BR, and my average is running 21 X's. I would think that would require a rock solid scope.

The one complaint I have is the reticle is a little thick. But you get used to it.

Jackie, what reitcle do you have on yours? I went to the Valdada site and see they have a floating dot.

Adam,

The Valdada 36s have 4 different reticles, crosshair, crosshair with dot (hybrid), floating Dot, and the original MP8 Reticle which is a floating dot with a bunch of hashmarks for moa.

I'm pretty sure Jackie has straight crosshairs. That seemed to be the overwhelming selection for guys shooting score.

Bart

Originally, I believe that the term was used to describe a dot supported by cross hairs that were so fine that at first glance it appeared to float at the center of the field of view without obvious support. With the advent of reticles that are etched on glass the need to connect a dot with some other part of a reticle was done away with. Here is a link to search result for that term. https://www.google.com/search?q=flo...TOvM_PAhXIMGMKHXsmAHsQsAQIHQ&biw=1008&bih=466

Bart

is Valdada contemplating a BR scope of higher power anytime in the near future? Despite opinions to the contrary, 36X just doesn't cut it for my eye anymore. Thanks --Greg

is Valdada contemplating a BR scope of higher power anytime in the near future? Despite opinions to the contrary, 36X just doesn't cut it for my eye anymore. Thanks --Greg

Greg,

I have talked to them about it! Whether or not they do thing about it is another thing. Right now we're having enough trouble just trying to get scopes.

Bart

What's a floating dot?

Lets see if I can paste the picture from Valdada'a web site

fine_crosshair_floating__09635.1440787785.1280.1280.jpg

I would trade my valdata for a NF 42x number 3 retical if anyone is interested, The valdata is a great scope, i just need more power. Lee

Adam,

The Valdada 36s have 4 different reticles, crosshair, crosshair with dot (hybrid), floating Dot, and the original MP8 Reticle which is a floating dot with a bunch of hashmarks for moa.

I'm pretty sure Jackie has straight crosshairs. That seemed to be the overwhelming selection for guys shooting score.

Bart

What reticles do you use Bart

I honestly don't have a preference between the two. I like a dot (floating or crosshair with dot) My first scopes that I started with had dots, so that's what I prefer. It's just easier for me to center up with a dot! On the other hand I'm don't care for straight crosshairs of any kind. It's just what you get use to and prefer.
Bart

Back