USPS international deliveries to Australia

B

bjld

Hi all

I placed 3 orders within the space of 4 weeks in October-November: 2 with Boyds' and 1 with Sinclair International.

Shipping was USPS priority mail international and only 1 of the Boyds' orders was delivered.

I order a lot of shooting gear but this is the 1st AND 2nd time it hasn't arrived in Australia in over 10 years of ordering.

Can anyone tell me what's up with USPS?

According to the tracking it seems the orders got lost in Chicago.

I've notified the vendors and they've asked USPS to look for my deliveries, but I'm still out of pocket $1000.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ben

Qantas

I had a few latly that came at irregular timing.I guessed that our national air line probably handles the mail.:confused:

Hi all

I placed 3 orders within the space of 4 weeks in October-November: 2 with Boyds' and 1 with Sinclair International.

Shipping was USPS priority mail international and only 1 of the Boyds' orders was delivered.

I order a lot of shooting gear but this is the 1st AND 2nd time it hasn't arrived in Australia in over 10 years of ordering.

Can anyone tell me what's up with USPS?

According to the tracking it seems the orders got lost in Chicago.

I've notified the vendors and they've asked USPS to look for my deliveries, but I'm still out of pocket $1000.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ben

please PM me with details. I have a buddy who is a Postmaster. i will see if there is anything he can do to help.

I bought a lot of stuffs from the USA and they were shipped by USPS (usually by PMI), with no problem at all. It's cheap & has tracking number. Only lost one parcel out of 75 times or more (I think it was just a bad luck). Delivery time usually ranging from about 1 week to 3 weeks.
Good luck,
seb in Indonesia.

its not tracking...its delivery confirmation.
its not scaned at every point of touch.......
it could be anywhere....

mike in co

Shipping was USPS priority mail international...it hasn't arrived in Australia...Can anyone tell me what's up with USPS?
I can't answer your question but I can relate. I previously handled shipping for a business belonging to my sister. The items in question were always small, semi-valuable collectibles. Our first three shipments to Australia went missing. Two were never found. The third was actually delivered to the customer about 18 months after it was mailed. Nobody could come up with an explanation for that one.

When you're dealing with rare items that haven't been manufactured for half a century, you can't just mail out a replacement. In our case, too many things got lost going to Australia, Japan, England, even Canada. Ultimately, we stopped doing business outside the continental U.S. It wasn't worth the hassle and damage to our reputation.

Doesn't matter how it's shipped.

A Leupold scope of mine being serviced went missing on the way back to Australia about the same time as Nightforce Australia lost a full shipment of new scopes.

A friend was a principal in a business importing Ruger into Australia. They always opened their pallets of handguns in Customs bond so they could identify which box still had a revolver in it - and the pallets were wrapped with Ruger shrink wrap.

Apparently USPS has never been great with international deliveries, as per benenglish's experience, and they're getting worse.

Luckily for me my $800 delivery from Sinclair International just appeared in Australia on tracking after several weeks wait.

Now it's in the hands of Australia Post at least I know I'll get it.

However, they've told me that while any delivery is in the hands of USPS the best I can do is pray it gets here.

One Australia Post employee suggested that if USPS paid its bills to other countries on time then its mail would be handled better.

I think from now on I'll buy my shooting gear from local vendors and pay the price premium knowing that if the gear's lost it's not at my expense.

The South Australian Rifle Association is Krieger's single biggest customer and USPS hasn't managed to lose several hundred barrels in one delivery yet.

Maybe I'll get my missing Boyds' stock in 18 months time?

Or perhaps it's already the furniture on a USPS employee's rifle in Chicago - that's where the international dispatch is?

Ben

USPS to Sweden works great! Normally, the package leaves the US within a couple of days. Out problem is that the Swedish postal service isn´t as good...

Or perhaps it's already the furniture on a USPS employee's rifle in Chicago - that's where the international dispatch is?
Ben
Mmm, can't imagine Chicago. San Fransisco maybe. That makes more sense it'd be from Kalifornya. It's one of the states, just, not one of the United States.

Just an observation and nothing more. I have been shipping to Australia since 1995 and have yet to loose a shipment. I have shipped slow boat and air, no problems. But a supervisor in the P.O. told me that the USPS does not use slow boat anymore. What they do is if your parcel is supose to go slow boat it sits in a wharhouse until they have a plane that is underloaded, and then your package gets put aboard. Don't know if this is true or not.

Back