usage of a bench rifle

J

jrbirdie

I have a rem 700 with a hart bbl 6ppc 262nk mcmillan stock bedded and recrowned that i am not using right know, would anyone else let someone take home and use this for six to eight weeks to try before they may buy it, or should i let them use once while i'm their to try. What to do thanks

I would always be there. One, to guarentee the rifle does not accidently get damaged or used unsafely. Two, to load and adjust the gun to get it to shot it's bests. There was one guy who showed up to try a gun out that I had. After he shot it, he was not impressed and actually thought it to be a POS. I set down with it and shot two mid ones back to back. He bought the rifle and then learned how to shot it. Also, if it's got a good barrel on it, you want to make sure it is properly cleaning, not shot to hot, etc.

Hovis

I have a rem 700 with a hart bbl 6ppc 262nk mcmillan stock bedded and recrowned that i am not using right know, would anyone else let someone take home and use this for six to eight weeks to try before they may buy it, or should i let them use once while i'm their to try. What to do thanks

Don't let it out of your sight. Even best friends sometimes get careless and accidents happen. Be there with the rifle for a test session, and let the choice be made. If you can't shoot it after an hour, you can't shoot it; no reason to keep "trying" it.

Back