USA World Team

Don Nielson

Due to request and concerns from members of the NBRSA, the Directors and Officers have been for the last 3 months, working on a set of guidelines for the World Team, the representative and members of the team. These guideline took time to put together with help from a large number people.

It has been for many years that all qualifying shoots have to be NBRSA registered shoots, and for that reason the Super Shoot cannot be a qualifying match.

Because of that the Board of Directors have picked 5 matches using the best 3 for your qualifying points. There is also a 300 point maximum that can be earned at any one shoot, you earn 1 point for every shooter you beat up to the 150 point maximum for each Grand Agg.

The qualifying matches are listed below, and will use the Light and Heavy Varmint only.

The Cactus Classic in Phoenix, Az 03/01-03/02/08

The East West in St. Louis, Mo 06/28-06/29/08

Holton, Mi 07/12-07/13/08

The Buffalo in Midland, Tx 09/13-0914/08

The NBRSA Nationals, in Phoenix, Az 10/08-10/11/08

Dennis Thornbury
NBRSA President

Last edited:
Oops!!!!!!!!!!

Don and Dennis,
This is a good move to go back to the best 3 of 5.

I wish the Shamrock would have been on that list. I was really going to try to win it!!

Seriously, if the Shamrock would have been on the list it would have brought some of the top shooters there who will now not probably be there.

A good move anyhoo.

OOPS, isn't 3/3/08 and 3/4/08 a Monday and Tuesday???

wow..Not one east of the Mississippi. Why not the Shamrock? Thats a no brainier. Did all the ranges in
the east go IBS? (that wouldn't be a bad idea)
Not to add the Super Shoot for whatever reason is just plain stupid. Largest BR match in the world and you ignore it. Like I've said before, This sport has some serious problems.

My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Richmond, Va to Saint Louis, Mo 820 miles.

Los Angles, Ca to Saint Louis, Mo 1849 miles.

The Big Muddy is not in the middle.

Yes its too bad about the Super Shoot.

The Shamrock was not considered because we needed 150 min. capacity.

Don

Last edited:
I am not in contention

but that looks like a pretty good mix. I would like to thank all the people who had to toil with this mess to come up with this. Thank you.

Bummer...no supershoot on the list. I was hoping to make the 3 previously mentioned matches but just can't do four large matches, not enough time off this year. Can't miss the supershoot. Oh well.

Hovis

HovisKM

If you really think you can qualify, Missing a super shoot won't kill you. On the other hand if a guy was just looking for an excuse.....

Lil Joe,

It wasn't too long ago I saw Holton with I believe 120 shooters, John "the man" was running around crying about how much time it was going to take to get 4 relays done on Sunday, and that if #121 showwed up to register he was going to drop out his self to keep from going five relays. A lot has changed in Michigan in a few years.

Paul

Don,
Thank you for a well thought out format. No matter what ranges were picked you knew someone would complain. Thank you to all involved for your time and effort in trying to come up with a reasonable solution.
Russ Hardy

While on the subject Don

How will ties be determined...??? It would be nice to know before the shooting starts...Just curiious ...Probably won't be able to make enough shoots. Would of liked it if Union County, PA could of been one of the quailifiers, know they asked to be. It was the two gun before but now changed to HV and LV for Nat'ls correct?

dale

Dale Boop

Dale,

Just for the record, if Union County was to hold an NBRSA registered match I would attend, and a few others i have spoke too, have said the same thing.

Andy

Andy

I know Mark was trying to work something out this year. Logistics , schedules, dates and conflicting interest isn't as simple as one would believe to work out. The scheduler's and ranges for both orgs. have their hands full and should be commended for their efforts.

One thing you pretty much can count on is the Supershoot being the week before memorial day every year at Kelblys. I can remember shooting on Sundays which I liked better (one day less to call off work or vac day to burn) but its been the same week for many yrs.

If you really think you can qualify, Missing a super shoot won't kill you. On the other hand if a guy was just looking for an excuse.....

Dave,
Don't know if I could qualify or not, sure would like to try if I could find a ride out west for the two shoots in AZ. I'd definetly pay for the ride (I'm in southern Indiana) but just can't stay comfortable driving that far because of my back. Oh, had to look up the meaning of "excuse", just not in my vocab.

Hovis

Back