Rest of scores, maybe

Attachments

• IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
Jackie, did anybody shoot a Rail Gun in the Unlimited Class?
I'm not Jackie Stogsdill, but I can tell you that no one shot a rail gun at this year's Nationals. I've been to all of them and there has only been one. George Ulrich shot a .22 PPC rail in the 2013 Nationals. To my knowledge he has been the only one to compete in a UBR match anywhere with a rail.

Rick

Rick, I did not mean to say that one person intentionally cross fired but the person who did knows it and Intentionally chose to conceal that fact.

We agree. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. I may have already said, but the injured party still won the Grand Agg, he just didn't have the score he should have had.

Rick

Jackie, did anybody shoot a Rail Gun in the Unlimited Class?

Jackie, I would love to see some rail guns in UBR. I know they typically shoot better groups, but could you run a score target fast enough to take advantage of the better accuracy?

Another thing that was very obvious this year is the number of guns that had tuners on them. Some guys never touched their tuner all day, and others were cranking on them the first match.

A possible explanation for the crossfire. There is usually a flag or two gets shot at every match. I do remember hearing someone say they saw a flag get shot. I don't know if it was on Chesters relay and don't have a clue from which bench it might have been on. If we have the Nationals here again, the backers will be used.

Jackie, I would love to see some rail guns in UBR. I know they typically shoot better groups, but could you run a score target fast enough to take advantage of the better accuracy?

Another thing that was very obvious this year is the number of guns that had tuners on them. Some guys never touched their tuner all day, and others were cranking on them the first match.

A possible explanation for the crossfire. There is usually a flag or two gets shot at every match. I do remember hearing someone say they saw a flag get shot. I don't know if it was on Chesters relay and don't have a clue from which bench it might have been on. If we have the Nationals here again, the backers will be used.

FWIW, Anthony Keiffer of new barrel maker, American Barrel Company, shot a rail a few times a few years ago. Maybe he'll chime in, too.

IMHO, with current rail gun design, there's a big disadvantage in some conditions due to the speed and navigation of a score target. In good conditions, I would think they could do very well, though.

They may be fast to shoot but I don't think they are fast enough to overcome all of the movement on a score target. Maybe I'm wrong.

The only difference in a full house rail gun and a rifle is the speed of the rail when group shooting. I see no reason to shoot a rail on a score target...unless it was more accurate than any "bag" rifle in your arsenal.

I'm not Jackie Stogsdill, but I can tell you that no one shot a rail gun at this year's Nationals. I've been to all of them and there has only been one. George Ulrich shot a .22 PPC rail in the 2013 Nationals. To my knowledge he has been the only one to compete in a UBR match anywhere with a rail.

Rick

Rick, not to be argumentative, but I believe that Charles Ellerson (sp?) also shot a rail in 2013. James Mock

Close - "Ellertson"

Charles is near, if not the...greatest guy ever...on all accounts....myself included. :)

His wife is actually the most interesting lady of all time.

Last edited:
Rick, not to be argumentative, but I believe that Charles Ellerson (sp?) also shot a rail in 2013. James Mock
No problem James. I stand corrected. I should have remembered because Charles kind of made a big deal about how he was going to show us all how to shoot. I had only known Charles from this board and enjoyed meeting and shooting with him. I miss him. He has not been around for a while.

Rick

Last edited:
Back