UBR Match At Braxton W.V. 4/17/11

M

moore

Come one,come all to Braxton County West Virginia this coming Sunday starting at 10:00,UBR centerfire score match 100 & 200 yards.

Sorry I just don't get it, bigger targets for smaller calibers make it more fair. I don't see how it works.

Sorry I just don't get it, bigger targets for smaller calibers make it more fair. I don't see how it works.

It works! It levels the score shooting playing field by doing away with the advantage of the larger calibers making a bigger hole in the target. Simple and effective. The best part is that it seems to be bringing some of the group guns into score.--Mike

Read the page. Read the math. So I have a 22 that does not have to shoot as well as a 6 and, a 6 that does not have to shoot as well as a 30 because I have a bigger target. Sorry I must have missed something.

Last edited:
Not bigger in a sense ,but the same...Its based on the size of the bullet..There is no advantage or disadvantage to shooting the 22,6 or 30....

This might make the idea understandable, Please allow me to explain how muzzleloader match's have been scored for years,Since there are 50,45,40,36,32 calibers of muzzleloading rifles they apparently learned a long,long time ago that one could not score best edge,they use an overlay when scoring targets which determines the center of the bullet hole,If the center is across the line you get the next highest score if it is not you get the lower score,Thus it makes NO difference what size the hole...The UBR target accomplishes the same thing on calibers specific targets rather then using the overlay and worked the score keeper to death......

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the first one to try to explain this not just send somebody to the web site. Thanks

Your More Then Welcome...Hope that you get to try it sometime in the near future...My apologies for not checking back on this post that I started sooner,Id been busy with work and then the storm knocked the power out in this area......LW

I expect to see:

the next time I see the vehicle you are driving Lawrence, I expect to see one of them COEXIST bumper stickers on it :). Good luck tomorra. Pete

You are the first one to try to explain this not just send somebody to the web site. Thanks

I'm sorry that you didn't like for me to send you to the UBR website for an explanation of the UBR target and UBR scoring. I simply think that there is a very clear and detailed explanation of the target and scoring system along with all the math on their website. Did you go to the UBR site and read it? At any rate, I hope you understand it and give it a try. I was just trying to respond to your question with the best answer. I'll try and do better next time.;)--Mike Ezell

Back