Tubal 3000 powder use?

lpreddick

i have almost 8# of the above and based on it's burn rate i think it will do well in a 14 twist 6 BR with light bullets. i believe it was once a 6 PPC powder. i appreciate any history, good or bad, and suggested loads. i have some of the berger BR bullets...62 euwins, 65 WEB and 64 columns and are waiting for some 68 cheeks. thanks. lpreddick

I owned a lot of it and used it for the 6ppc and br. Start at about 29 grains with a 68 grain bullet on the BR. You will most likely get to 32/33 grains, but I have noticed it to get hotter as it gets older. I sold most of mine because I couldn't figure out enough time to shoot 700 lbs. I am down to about 80 now. It worked well for me. Good luck and let me know what load you end up with for the BR. It was made for the 223 I believe.

I used to store all of it in the house until I heard that story and now what I have left is in a safe place. I left about half of an 8 lb jug in a black trailer in the texas sun for a few years. I know, not too smart. I opened the trailer and noticed the jug a little bulged (looked like a soccer ball actually :(). I opened it and a terrible smelling orange smoke came out and it started to warm up. I poured it on the flowers in the yard. I checked the others that were stored properly and noticed nothing. After that, I am not opening any jug until I need it though.

stiller

Dangerous crap. Bought some brand new a few years back, stored in air conditioned shop at all time, yet it self destructed at 72 degrees. Bulged jug, hot and smoky when I opened it.
Use it as fertilizer.

Back