Trying to learn a new style in benchrest, its not working

Boyd, yes 12:00 is the reference. Kelblys will not move the extractor off the bolt lug and the Ejector is in the same place as a bolt using a Sako extractor. Both my two lug Bats just drop them in a pile right down on the bench and they came that way. The shallow raceway on the Bat two lug doesn't mark the .010 necks of the Dasher, while the Kelbly action the neck doesn't ride in the raceway because of the the different position (clock) of the extractor.I had to stone the sharp edges behind the lug imbutments, and it quit making marks on the necks. This is with a plunger ejector bolt, you don't have this with a the other ejector but it throws them everywhere. …….. jim

The older BAT's....

I prefer the older BAT 2-lug action that has the forward ejection port and the Winchester-type extractor. My only alteration was to replace the original ejection spring with one from a BIC cigarette lighter. I won't say that it is 100 % in its ejection, but it is awfully close. Also, with the BIC spring, it does not throw the cases very far. Good shooting....James

Back