Trouble in Paradise!

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
"Paradise" being tongue in cheek....

The new and improved NBRSA website that I cooked up may be too modernistical for the current state of "browsers".

Could I ask you to view the site and post whether it works or not. This would be a better time to abandon the development as opposed to later with more time invested.

If it doesn't work, please offer your browser version and a brief "here's what happened". Thanks in advance for the help.

http://nbrsa.org

Looks Good

I am what you would call "computor challenged", and I had no trouble linking up to any of the titles.
I wish there was a "key word search" on the NBRSA BOD Minutes Archives, but that might be prohibitive.
What sort of trouble are we supposed to encounter?? Perhaps many of us are too ignorant to know the difference........jackie

wilbur ...my ancient win98 se on a 450 speed machine had no problem with the site. explorer/v7?

i'll try my ep pro

mike in co

Wilbur,
It seems to work fine on IE7. The rules are less convenient to view than the old setup. While browsing the rules, I didn't see the barrel block rule. Am I looking in the wrong place? Actually, I never thought much of it anyway. I am just curious.

I am what you would call "computor challenged", and I had no trouble linking up to any of the titles.
I wish there was a "key word search" on the NBRSA BOD Minutes Archives, but that might be prohibitive.
What sort of trouble are we supposed to encounter?? Perhaps many of us are too ignorant to know the difference........jackie

Any kind of trouble.....

The minutes are in Adobe PDF which is searchable within the Adobe reader. Click the binoculars and a "search" will appear - I think.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) Gecko/20080623 Firefox/2.0.0.15
Running off of a U3 equipped Flash Drive.

A quick look see turned up no issues (Other than no entries in the Mississippi Valley) :D

Wilbur
I have found the problem is the type of computer user who frequents this site is relatively computer savvy. It is the guys who barely know how to get to the internet that are really hard to accommodate. I constantly get emails from people who cannot find something on the IBS Webpage, and usually it is a link in giant letters on the main page.

It is just new technology thats too dense for many of us older guys. 14 year old kids have no problem at all navigating around a site.

Dick Grosbier
IBS Webmaster

I found a very minor problem with Opera 9.23 running on Win2K. But it's one I could live with and get around easily.

Once one gets to a PDF form, the right mouse button which normally allows one to go "back" a web page reverts to Adobe convention and you have to use the "back" in the toolbar.

That's the only problem (if you want to call that a problem) that I found.

Glen

Just a few suggestions ...

Main page: Lighten up the red and blue background colors. The overall image appears dark. Too much open/unused space. Use larger type/lettering. Makes it easier on the eyes. Rules area: lettering looks good, very easy to read. Browser works fine. Good job! Art

looks

good, worked on firefox and ie7, all computers I have. I think all the sizes etc are fine. Thanks for taking the effort

Works fine for me...

I have a iMAC G5 with OS X 10.3.9 installed. My browser is FireFox 2.0.0.15 (the latest). Site works great and every button worked.

Looks good.

virg

Fwiw

On My Macintosh it works fine in

Safari 3.1.2
Firefox 2.0.0.15
Netscape 7.2
Opera 9.5.2
Camino 1.6

Internet Explorer 5.2 chokes on the site but it is ancient and has not been updated for several years.

Firefox 2.0.0.15
XP Pro

No problems, South of the Equator in sunny Brisbane.
Don.H.

Back