Trigger, Rem 540X

J

Jkob

Would anyone know where one might find a repacement trigger for this, Some ham-fisted garage mechanic had worked on it and cracked the housing.

Emails would work best please: Jkob60@msn.com

Thanks

I think that a Timney Rem 588 trigger will fit, with a little dremel work inside the stock for the safety lever. I think.....do we hear a Second on the motion on the Floor??:confused:

You'll have a tough time finding a 540X replacement trigger. As suggested, look for a Timney or Canjar replacement. Do a search on the web.
Numrich shows the part as 27 1355190A Trigger Housing, Stripped $26.50 Sold Out

Best,
Michael

Probably some of the other Remington 22 RF have the same trigger. Check which ones are the same and look for a beat up rifle to buy to use the trigger from it.

588 Remmy

I think that a Timney Rem 588 trigger will fit, with a little dremel work inside the stock for the safety lever. I think.....do we hear a Second on the motion on the Floor??:confused:

xs ,

I think if he had a 541 he may get the 588 trigger to work but I'm not sure about the 540 . My 2 cents. Thanks . - Clint

540 trigger

I'd suggest contacting Brian Voelker in Iowa! He does magic on Remington .22 triggers and I would guess he could provide a fix for you. Sorry I don't have his contact number handy.
Bill Schertz

The Canjar takes a pretty good "Hoggin Out" of the stock in the safety area---I have one BUT decided not to cut the stock that much on a 591 ---

The 541' are the ONLY one that came with adjustments from Remington BUT the others are easy to convert by simply adding the screws.

Good Luck,

Jim

Back