Trap shooting and gun dogs

Gsp

Mort,

Is your GSP from No-Mars?

I run two GSP's and the 4 year old female is from Leo at No-Mars. She is a real cracker jack.

Hunted birds in 6 states this year, which was just over 10,000 miles and way more then 100 days in the field.

Took dogs to the skeet range once, never again. I had to move the truck behind a building because they just raised so much hell when the shooting started.
John,

I'm retired but if I was still a working man I'd like to have your job.

6 states,10,000 miles,100 days in the field?....sign me up.

Can you say a little more about No-Mars?

Checking Out

I got a story then Ill shut up. My uncle was going bird hunting and he didn't make it home that night. When they found him the next day dead from a heart attack out in a field with his two dogs lying beside him and a limit of quail in his vest. I guess if you gotta go that would be hard to beat. Doug

Been thinking about your post awhile and can't come up with anything to beat that. I'd even pass on the limit of quail.

There is a website for No-Mars.

You can pay less, but you will not get much better.

Leo has been into GSP's for a life time.

I bought my girl from Leo sight unseen and she was the last one in the litter. Picked her up at the airport.

I am truly blessed when it come to getting the best dogs.

There is a website for No-Mars.

You can pay less, but you will not get much better.

Leo has been into GSP's for a life time.

I bought my girl from Leo sight unseen and she was the last one in the litter. Picked her up at the airport.

I am truly blessed when it come to getting the best dogs.

The kennel isn't all that far from here....some great reviews.

I brought up No-Mars, because I noticed your location:)=

They could have had some snow issues there this year. Could have been difficult letting the dogs out for a little exercise.

What do you shoot with in the field?

BIRD DOG OR A HOUSE PET

I happen to notice a covey of quail one day as they crossed the county road and into a small field. I took note of the time, and decided this would be great opportunity to introduce my new Springer pup to live birds. I had been working with her on a lead teaching her basic things like heel etc. so for her this would just be another walk
The next day the quail had just crossed the road as we arrived. I took off the lead and she was birdy almost right away. It was only a matter of seconds and they flushed with the pup in hot pursuit. This was all well and good except my pup disappeared with the birds
I was really getting anxious after 1/2 hour or so of looking for her, so I `went back to the house to ask the wife to help with the search. When I got there my wife and the pup were in the front yard. She said the pup had come home quite awhile ago and she was about ready to go looking for me!

She was my last Springer and I lost her at 7 years. I put her down wrapped in my hunting vest, whistle , shooting gloves and a hand full of shot shells.

Good gun dogs leave a lot of good memories.

Irish setter

My Brittanys have been easy with regard to training (basically none). They seem to be born knowing how to hunt better than I do.

Ever seen a Red and White Setter in the field? Just wondering how they hunt, they are a pretty breed.

Just met a guy at the barber shop who used to hunt a Irish Setter. He said the hair tended to attract stickers and thistles and he didn't think the dog was too bright.....at least his wasn't.

His last dog was German Short-hair. It could be a little stubborn at times but had a lot more going on upstairs.

Back