Transporting Wind Probes

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
Now that I've got my large and small wind probes I'm trying to determine the best way to transport them to and from matches. This for ground transportation only. Don't ever intend to fly my gear to a match. Since I'm a johnny-come-lately to wind probes I'd like to solicit ideas for the best method considering protection from damage and least amount of storage space. My first thought was an appropriate sized rifle case with protective sleeves for the folded scales and operating mechanisms. Another consideration is whether to store them both in one case or individually. So, I welcome suggestions. Thanks in advance to those who will still talk to me

Now that I've got my large and small wind probes I'm trying to determine the best way to transport them to and from matches. This for ground transportation only. Don't ever intend to fly my gear to a match. Since I'm a johnny-come-lately to wind probes I'd like to solicit ideas for the best method considering protection from damage and least amount of storage space. My first thought was an appropriate sized rifle case with protective sleeves for the folded scales and operating mechanisms. Another consideration is whether to store them both in one case or individually. So, I welcome suggestions. Thanks in advance to those who will still talk to me

Jerry, I've always found that a Doskocil double rifle case is ideal for transporting the probes. The two parts that are easily damaged are the cup assemblies and the pneumatic damper installed on the center support arms. Stop by Odessa on your way out to Phoenix and I'll show you how I pack them.

Gene Beggs

Jerry, I've always found that a Doskocil double rifle case is ideal for transporting the probes. The two parts that are easily damaged are the cup assemblies and the pneumatic damper installed on the center support arms. Stop by Odessa on your way out to Phoenix and I'll show you how I pack them.

Gene Beggs
I was already planning to stop in Odessa on March 6th. Hopefully around lunchtime. Maybe we could go to Harrigans and have some mesquite smoked prime rib. Not sure if they serve it at lunch time. But if they don't I remember the, now closed, Harrigans by me used to make a prime rib soup on Monday lunch to use up any leftover prime rib from Sunday. The soup had a rich cream base with chunks of smoked prime rib floating in it and was to die for. Maybe we could get lucky.

I was already planning to stop in Odessa on March 6th. Hopefully around lunchtime. Maybe we could go to Harrigans and have some mesquite smoked prime rib. Not sure if they serve it at lunch time. But if they don't I remember the, now closed, Harrigans by me used to make a prime rib soup on Monday lunch to use up any leftover prime rib from Sunday. The soup had a rich cream base with chunks of smoked prime rib floating in it and was to die for. Maybe we could get lucky.

Sounds good Jerry.

Back