Toolbox mounted powder measure adaptor

TC260

A friend of mine lent me a few items to get started Benchrest shooting. One of them is an aluminum block with an angled cutout to mount on the corner of my range box. It works slick as heck and some research indicates they were at least made by Sinclair at one time. Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to locate one?

Made one out of oak, 30 years ago and it is still going strong. turn it in and the lid on the Kennedy will close, and open the lid and turn it out and tighten the knob and mount your measure. It is held on with counter sunk wood screws, easy to make...... jim

Jim, very clever idea! Think I'll make one of those for my Kennedy box.

Gene Beggs

Gene, I cut a square of 3/4" oak and drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle rounded one corner. and drilled the lip that goes under the lid when closed and counter sunk the holes. Th e piece I mount the measure on is drilled in the middle the so when turned in doesn't integer with the lid closing, a T nut on the bottom and 1/4" 20 threaded knob on the top. I also made a riser block to raise the measure for a long drop tube to clear a PPC on a loading block..... jim

Gene, I cut a square of 3/4" oak and drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle rounded one corner. and drilled the lip that goes under the lid when closed and counter sunk the holes. Th e piece I mount the measure on is drilled in the middle the so when turned in doesn't integer with the lid closing, a T nut on the bottom and 1/4" 20 threaded knob on the top. I also made a riser block to raise the measure for a long drop tube to clear a PPC on a loading block..... jim

Jim, that's exactly how I had it pictured in my mind. Very clever indeed.

Merry Christmas

Gene Beggs

Back