To All of My Fellow Veterans.........Enjoy Your Veterans Day!!

jackie schmidt

I am celebrating by doing the same thing I did yesterday, and the day before.

I'm going to work.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
same to you jackie, i just do not know
about that work part!

We just got back from Red Lobster. Great,lunch and a free (to vets) hot fudge brownie for desert.

Hopefully Pres Trump will not have us killing folks who are not our enemies!

Most folks haven't stopped to think, the only war we EVER fought against the evil communist was Vietnam. And we got spit on by US media for that one!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    635.7 KB · Views: 360
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,006 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
My first cousin Donald Isenberg was honored today on Facebook by his daughter, we lost Donald earlier this year from a heart attack, fortunately I was able to visit him the day before at a family reunion. He was a very humble man that never spoke of his accomplishments, but always wanted to share his Christian faith instead. Thanks to all the Veterans.

Screenshot_2016-11-11-19-03-26_kindlephoto-41525346.jpg

To all of My fellow Veterans......... Enjoy Veterans Day

I will and thank you.

Tomorrow Saturday the 12th we are having a special celebration for all Vets .

It will be at the New York State Fair grounds

A parade static displays and color guard for veterans post and 174th air wing, ALso school marching bands in the parade.

There will also be military vehicles from years past

I will be with Easy company Of the military collectors association.

I will be also driving MY 1967 Ford Mutt M151, M38 A1 and other military vehicles will also be there including a really nice 2 1/2 ton truck.

IT,s bound to be a fun day to salute all veterans of all wars .

admission is free so all people on the board that are in the area come and enjoy the day.

I will and thank you.

Tomorrow Saturday the 12th we are having a special celebration for all Vets .

It will be at the New York State Fair grounds

A parade static displays and color guard for veterans post and 174th air wing, ALso school marching bands in the parade.

There will also be military vehicles from years past

I will be with Easy company Of the military collectors association.

I will be also driving MY 1967 Ford Mutt M151, M38 A1 and other military vehicles will also be there including a really nice 2 1/2 ton truck.

IT,s bound to be a fun day to salute all veterans of all wars .

admission is free so all people on the board that are in the area come and enjoy the day.

Sounds like a great time. I have only been that far North twice, at the IBS Nationals in Cannastota New York, and at Ft Dix New Jersey, where I ETS'd out of the Army.

I'd like to see a picture of that 151. It would bring back some memories. "Utility Vehicle, One Quarter Ton, M151, OD in Color".

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time. I have only been that far North twice, at the IBS Nationals in Cannastota New York, and at Ft Dix New Jersey, where I ETS'd out of the Army.

I'd like to see a picture of that 151. It would bring back some memories. "Utility Vehicle, One Quarter Ton, M151, OD in Color".

M151 Jeep. Built by Ford. No 2speed transfer gear.

They wouldn't let us tankers have them. 4-wheel suspension. We turned a few over on their side.

When I was overseas our battery commander rode around in a jeep type vehicle. It was made by American motors. I never saw one again. Does anybody know what it was?

Had a good laugh with my morning coffee.

Good guess Wilbur but no cigar!

I will do a search later on today.

Military Vehicles From American Motors

The one I saw overseas was a M422 Mighty Mite.

It was adopted by the Marine Corps in 1958 and 3922 units were produced. Production stopped in 1962.

It's advantage over the Jeep was it's light weight aluminum body.

It became obsolete because of cost and the increased lifting capacity of the then new UH-1 Huey.

Hey! Now I know.

Last edited:
Back