Time Precision 22-250 Bolt Need Help

T

TGS-Outdoors

I just got a rifle made by time precision. It is one of their SLV receivers with a 22-250 barrel. The only problem is, it doesn't have a bolt. Does anyone know what kind of bolt will work in these rifles? I googled time precision and came to a page off of this website, but it seems that they aren't in business anymore. Any information would be great. Thanks, Tim

That's a big problem.

Unless Time Precision copied another manufacturers design to the exact dimensions, I can't amagine any other manufacturer's bolt fitting without substantial modifications.

You could call Pacific Precision, who makes bolts for several custom manufacturers, and see about getting a bolt made.

I don't have a Time Precision, but do have a CPS - SHV action which was the fore runner of Time Precision. CPS sold to Time Precision. The bolt handle will be the biggest problem as it is unlike anything else on the market currently. The extraction camming on the receiver and bolt handle is basically two different radius acting together and was cut with a half inch end mill on the receiver and uses the radius of the end mill to establish the extraction cam. The bolt handle has a smaller radius where it contacts the cam. The typical Remington style bolt handle will not work with it. I'll take a photo of the bolt handle where it attaches to the bolt body and post it. You can probably get a bolt body from Pacific that could be made to work but will have to do something about the bolt handle. The bolts that are in the classifieds made by Time Precision have Remington bolt handles. Depending upon whether Time Precision made changes to their actions after they bought out CPS, they may or may not work. You can see in the third photo how the CPS bolt handle fits to the bolt body. It's silver brazed on to the bolt body. The bolt for my rifle measures 4.930 from the front of the bolt nose to the end of the bolt body. The lugs are .625" long from the rear of the lug to the front of the bolt nose and about .500" long at the bottom of the 30 degree coned bolt. Lug thickness is .438" and about 3.840" from the rear of the bolt lug to the leading edge of the bolt handle. I'd suggest getting in touch with Bob White at The Shooter's Corner http://theshooterscorner.com/and see if he has any extra Time Precision bolts for the ALV action.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

Last edited:
I just got a rifle made by time precision. It is one of their SLV receivers with a 22-250 barrel. The only problem is, it doesn't have a bolt. Does anyone know what kind of bolt will work in these rifles? I googled time precision and came to a page off of this website, but it seems that they aren't in business anymore. Any information would be great. Thanks, Tim

Check the classifieds... Usually there is a guy with TP bolts for sale from his lifetime collection...

Back