tidbits that make you say hmmmm

Goodgrouper,
We may be talking apples and oranges. I read, in another thread, that you have been using a Chargemaster for some time...obviously weighing charges. Good for you, but much of the discussion about humidity has been about charges that were, and continue to be thrown by volume. Could it be that weighing charges compensates for humidity related changes in powder density? Also, could it be that mistakes are being made by misapplying data gathered with the 'thrown by volume" approach to weighed charges?

The tenth of an inch CANNOT OCCUR IN YOUR GROUP unless the rounds IN YOUR GROUP vary from 3250 to 3400.

The group just moves over a tenth of an inch.

THE WHOLE GROUP moves over

the whole group....

The WHOLE group...

NO "tenths of an inches" need apply!!!

WHO CARES if your group forms a tenth of an inch over???? Yer ain't "giving up" NUTTIN', all's yer doing when touting the "tenth of an inch difference" is:

I never have been able to get the group size game. Sure your gun shoots a three shot group you could cover with a dime. But you missed the target. You missed the target. Now shooting your group at a bulls eye. That I can understand.:D

Apart from they're 5 or 10 shot groups, think of it this way:

You fire a single shot at will, then hit it with every other shot - that first shot is the target!

Boyd and Zippy,

You guys very well may be on to something here. It is certainly plausible. That is a better explanation than anything I've found in print thus far.
If you guys have the time, please expound on this.

I have to admit that I have not personally seen it in my thrower yet and 7 of the 10 matches I shot this year were shot in rain somewhere between a drizzle and downright drenchings. But usually, the air out west here is fairly dry. Perhaps throwers continually exposed to 80% humidity and above are doing different things.

Maybe this is where a Chargemaster would really pay off. I have two but haven't been using them for loading at matches the last two years as I found that they were just too slow for 2 relay matches which is what the majority of the matches I attend are. And they are kinda delicate and fussy too. They don't much like your neighbor bouncing the table around while he's trying to clean his gun or size his brass! And dust and wind.........forget it. But I'll probably use my traveling Chargemaster again at a three relay match where I can load indoors.;)

Boyd and Zippy,

You guys very well may be on to something here. It is certainly plausible. That is a better explanation than anything I've found in print thus far.
If you guys have the time, please expound on this.

I have to admit that I have not personally seen it in my thrower yet and 7 of the 10 matches I shot this year were shot in rain somewhere between a drizzle and downright drenchings. But usually, the air out west here is fairly dry. Perhaps throwers continually exposed to 80% humidity and above are doing different things.

Maybe this is where a Chargemaster would really pay off. I have two but haven't been using them for loading at matches the last two years as I found that they were just too slow for 2 relay matches which is what the majority of the matches I attend are. And they are kinda delicate and fussy too. They don't much like your neighbor bouncing the table around while he's trying to clean his gun or size his brass! And dust and wind.........forget it. But I'll probably use my traveling Chargemaster again at a three relay match where I can load indoors.;)

One of the guys we shoot with. A new guy. Has a PT cruiser. He set up the back of his cruiser to reload in. Well, he opens the hatch and bends over a little. Has his Chargemaster hook up to converter. And a Rockchucker.
At WWCCA most people have there own table. Or share some really sturdy tables. Which came from the local prison.

Not sure if I can add anymore. Last year, was my first year. :)

Back