Threading bbl question

gaintwist

I screwed up and forgot to change the tool angle from 25 deg back to 29.5 deg before I cut the threads. The action fits up tight in the same way but I am curious about the strength of this connection. Does anyone have any data or a resource showing some metric on this difference in contact area?
thanks in advance.
GT

I screwed up and forgot to change the tool angle from 25 deg back to 29.5 deg before I cut the threads. The action fits up tight in the same way but I am curious about the strength of this connection. Does anyone have any data or a resource showing some metric on this difference in contact area?
thanks in advance.
GT

It will be fine.

The contact area on the pressure side of the thread does not change. The tool it’s self determines the final shape of the thread.

Now, if you accidentally set your tool at the wrong angle, then yes, there would be concern.

Last edited:
thanks in advance.
GT

Thanks for the feedback.

It will be fine.

The contact area on the pressure side of the thread does not change. The tool it’s self determines the final shape of the thread.
redactle unlimited
Now, if you accidentally set your tool at the wrong angle, then yes, there would be concern.
Thanks for this useful information. Even so, determining the exact angle is still a difficulty for me.

Back