Thoughts on Memorial Day

We can never repay both the living and dead for the great gift for which that fought and so many died. Oh, how many of us have taken it so for granted. Many of us have spent most of our lives feeling that freedom was an entitlement instead of a gift. People have served and died to give us this gift. On Memorial Day we hold it in such high importance but how often in the past have we taken it for granted? The knowledge of how precious this gift is has helped me understand that these men did not serve and die in vain and become the forgotten. Only when we live under the delusion that we are somehow entitled to freedom have we broken faith with them. I have realized that freedom is only free to me because it was paid for by the lives of many. The amazing part is that they gave it to us with no expectations of anything in return. A gift that was fought for and won by those that served was given to us with no strings attached. Our only responsibility is that we protect it well so we can pass it down to our children and all future generations. The truth is that we don’t have to know and remember the names of all those who served and died but rather we should hold sacred the cause for which they unselfishly served and died.

we can never repay both the living and dead for the great gift for which that fought and so many died. Oh, how many of us have taken it so for granted. Many of us have spent most of our lives feeling that freedom was an entitlement instead of a gift. People have served and died to give us this gift. On memorial day we hold it in such high importance but how often in the past have we taken it for granted? The knowledge of how precious this gift is has helped me understand that these men did not serve and die in vain and become the forgotten. Only when we live under the delusion that we are somehow entitled to freedom have we broken faith with them. I have realized that freedom is only free to me because it was paid for by the lives of many. The amazing part is that they gave it to us with no expectations of anything in return. A gift that was fought for and won by those that served was given to us with no strings attached. Our only responsibility is that we protect it well so we can pass it down to our children and all future generations. The truth is that we don’t have to know and remember the names of all those who served and died but rather we should hold sacred the cause for which they unselfishly served and died.

amen!

Amen and it is sad to see this current presidential administration along with the democratic's destroying what they have fought and died for.
Our children are no longer being taught just that so they are now pretty much oblivious to all of these sacrifices.

Never Forget

Fallen Soldier Memorial.
The rifle is affixed with a bayonet and inverted, signifying that the Soldier went down fighting. The boots signify the Soldier’s last march onto the battlefield. Dog tags are imprinted with the Soldier’s name and hung from the rifle so their identity will never be forgotten. The helmet is placed atop the rifle representing what the Soldier stood for and signifying that their battle is now over.

The Battlefield Cross is a sacred symbol amongst military members. Since a funeral is typically not possible during wartime, these symbols serve as a rallying point where surviving members of a unit can mourn and remember their fallen comrades.

Let us all remember the men and women who chose to fight for our country and it's freedoms. We will always appreciate and honor their selfless sacrifice.
ROuvzFV.png

Glenn

Amen and it is sad to see this current presidential administration along with the democratic's destroying what they have fought and died for.
Our children are no longer being taught just that so they are now pretty much oblivious to all of these sacrifices.

Louis, can't you keep that kind of crap to yourself. It's nonsense.
Do you think the previous administration was more concerned with the welfare of this country?
Republicans, Democrats, and independents have all served and died.

Better yet, just keep politics off of this forum.

Memorial Day

Is just that, a day of Memorial... not barbeques and beer. It's NOT a celebration. I makes me sick when people say happy memorial day or hearing parents telling thier kids it's a celebration. If people really knew the hardships our past and present countryman went and go through they wouldn't say celebrate ! Battle of the bulge, and Normandy.. or what Patton's armies had to do....

Back