Thinking of going to a joystick but..

L

LASER

I currently have a Bald Eagle which seems fine as far as the base is concerned.
The delema: Farley or Seb all the way? Keep my base and go with a Farley, Seb or Shadetree top? I have heard that the Bald Eagle bottoms are the hookup. Are they superior to the other's(Seb, Farley)?
I am still learning bench manners so as a non-bag squeezer I won't have that obstacle to overcome. I just shot with a Bald Eagle with a Shadetree top and the light came on for me. Makes everything much easier for me and seems like a joystick of some sorts is a no brainer. I realise that this somewhat of an individual subjective issue but I may be missing something. This forum is a wonderfull source of info for me and I am taking baby steps as I enter the extreme accuracy arena, usually following the advice that I get here. Thanks for any input that may be helpfull!!
LASER

Laser, I sent you a P.M. If you don't receive it, let me know here and I'll post my email address...

I have a Shadetree top and find it to be excellent. I use this top with 6X BR rifles and it does the job fine.

Mike Swartz

It is a no brainer

For me it was anyway it is a speed issue I could fiddle 2 knobs (W&E) or 1 joystick. My decision as to which was based purely on money. If I had had the money I might have gotten a SEB. But I already had the BE base. I got the Shadetree and have been ecstatic ever since. My shooting has improved BTW. I did have to make a handle extension though. I also added a heavy base plate for extra weight as I use it for a heavy longrange gun too.

Attachments

• 100_1469.jpg
    100_1469.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 636
Do you have an aluminum or a cast Bald Eagle base ? I have always found the aluminum a pleasure to carry around but a little on the light side. Either way Bald eagle rests are hard to come by these days you might want to sell it and buy a complete Farley or Seb not just a top.

Dick

Bald Eagle

Spoke with the current owner. He's not making them any more, but has the business for sale. Hopefully the new owner will restart production.

I would opt

I currently have a Bald Eagle which seems fine as far as the base is concerned.
The delema: Farley or Seb all the way? Keep my base and go with a Farley, Seb or Shadetree top? I have heard that the Bald Eagle bottoms are the hookup. Are they superior to the other's(Seb, Farley)?
I am still learning bench manners so as a non-bag squeezer I won't have that obstacle to overcome. I just shot with a Bald Eagle with a Shadetree top and the light came on for me. Makes everything much easier for me and seems like a joystick of some sorts is a no brainer. I realise that this somewhat of an individual subjective issue but I may be missing something. This forum is a wonderfull source of info for me and I am taking baby steps as I enter the extreme accuracy arena, usually following the advice that I get here. Thanks for any input that may be helpfull!!
LASER

for the Farley. I have one and have used the other two mentioned and find no advantage(or disadvantage) to them. I like being able to send it to Farley in the good ol US of A for any repairs or upgrades( I did the 2nd gen upgrade a year ago) and I also like the idea of supporting the economy of the good ol US of A and my fellow countrymen. That is important to me. --Greg

Greg

Hello Greg,

Like you I also live in Maine and ordered a Farley for the same reasons that you posted.

Made in U.S.A. means a lot to me, now more than ever before.

Dick

Do you guys think the sebrest is a good rest?
The Seb Rest is a fine piece of engineering, many people love it. It has several features I really like however at least two people I have talked to tell me it is a little jerky in its movements compared to the Farley.
Also I consider the fact it is American made a big plus.

Dick

I shot at Bridgeville yesterday

and saw all of the above. Shot off a modified aluminum BE w/Shadetree top mounted on a plate.
Seemed to me that with several mods this is the hookup. The guy with the SEB said it mite not go high enough for Mifflin/ST. Thomas. BE goes plenty high. Buying Americas appeals also.
Thanks
LASER

I like the Seb

Mine is very smoooth. I like it mostly because a Farley works bassackwards to me. You can reverse a Seb and if you move the stick to the left it is like moving the stock to the left

Mine is very smoooth. I like it mostly because a Farley works bassackwards to me. You can reverse a Seb and if you move the stick to the left it is like moving the stock to the left

Jerry,
That's the way the standard Farley works, the compact top moves differently. I think both the Farley and the SEB are very nice. I also think the Shadtree is the ticket if you already have a base and Butch is great to deal with.

Hovis

Back