The "Unbreakable" LV .009 WORLD RECORD Has Been Broken!!!

abintx,
You don't shoot as you have posted. Why don't you get involved instead of internet typing? Have you perused the IBS and NBRSA minutes and discussed your complaints or checked where all the huge amount of money that they have collected has disappeared to. As Lou has posted, quit whining and do something.

abintx,
You don't shoot as you have posted. Why don't you get involved instead of internet typing? Have you perused the IBS and NBRSA minutes and discussed your complaints or checked where all the huge amount of money that they have collected has disappeared to. As Lou has posted, quit whining and do something.

As usual, you've taken a subject, turned it into a personal emotional issue, and have missed the point, entirely. God Bless you, Butch.

With all due respect to those involved, I see nothing wrong with they way the NBRSA handles it's inspection and scoring of targets that are submitted for record consideration. You have an unbiased average of at least three respected shooters, and a chairman that is doing a phenomenol job insuring every procedure is carried out correctly.

Concentrate on fixing things that are broke. The records verification procedure is not.

Last edited:
Pic of the "Speedy Shorty"

The Speedy Shorty is a Std. Panda with the bolt stop moved forward 5/8 of an inch, and the laoding port shortened to PPC/BR length. Non fluted bolts are used to minimize wear in the reciever. Most thing we move the bolt stop forward for a faster cycle time. This is one of the benefits but by moving the bolt stop forward and shortening the loading port, we get a longer rear receiver ring and wear is minimized and bolt lift from the cocking piece engaging the sear is also kept to a minimum over a much greater period of time. The flutes on the bolt have raised edges from machining and act like a spiral fluted reamer , and since the rear reaceiver ring takes the full length of bolt travel when cycling the bolt it is most sibject to bolt wear. The result is increased bolt lift and bolt roll away from the primary extractor camming surfaces. We use the spring loaded ejector and Sako extractor. I like the Sako extractor in that you cant locate it to where one gets full extraction with no side force from the extractor being applied to the case as many of the sliding plate extractors do. The only other mod. we make is the oversized "Speedy" bolt shroud Dave Kiff makes me and has for sale on his websight, which minimzes play between the bolt interior and the shroud's O.D.. These must be fit to bolts individually. Here is the link to PTG's web sight.

http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com...ucts_id=1008&zenid=djtltifl8q4ft33cvb8rk64h43

Good Shooting,
Speedy

Attachments

• Speedy Shorty _ Panda Standard Comparison.jpg
    Speedy Shorty _ Panda Standard Comparison.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 511
The Speedy Shorty is a Std. Panda with the bolt stop moved forward 5/8 of an inch, and the laoding port shortened to PPC/BR length. Non fluted bolts are used to minimize wear in the reciever. Most thing we move the bolt stop forward for a faster cycle time. This is one of the benefits but by moving the bolt stop forward and shortening the loading port, we get a longer rear receiver ring and wear is minimized and bolt lift from the cocking piece engaging the sear is also kept to a minimum over a much greater period of time. The flutes on the bolt have raised edges from machining and act like a spiral fluted reamer , and since the rear reaceiver ring takes the full length of bolt travel when cycling the bolt it is most sibject to bolt wear. The result is increased bolt lift and bolt roll away from the primary extractor camming surfaces. We use the spring loaded ejector and Sako extractor. I like the Sako extractor in that you cant locate it to where one gets full extraction with no side force from the extractor being applied to the case as many of the sliding plate extractors do. The only other mod. we make is the oversized "Speedy" bolt shroud Dave Kiff makes me and has for sale on his websight, which minimzes play between the bolt interior and the shroud's O.D.. These must be fit to bolts individually. Here is the link to PTG's web sight.

http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com...ucts_id=1008&zenid=djtltifl8q4ft33cvb8rk64h43

Good Shooting,
Speedy

This is way off topic and don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd like to know how much you charge to upgrade and fit a Panda action Speedy? And could I drop it off to you on my way down to Raton?

Thanks.

hmm, does (did?) a new record have to be at least "x" smaller to count?

I seem to remember Lee Six (may he rest in peace) telling me 11-12 years ago that Mac's old record would never be broken because a new record had to be a certain minimum amount smaller, and with the old record being 0.009", that it would not be possible.

Is my memory faulty, or have the rules changed, or am I just FOS as is sometimes the case? :eek:

I seem to remember Lee Six (may he rest in peace) telling me 11-12 years ago that Mac's old record would never be broken because a new record had to be a certain minimum amount smaller, and with the old record being 0.009", that it would not be possible.

Is my memory faulty, or have the rules changed, or am I just FOS as is sometimes the case? :eek:

I had heard that also, but never pursued it.

That would now be a moot point, if it ever was true, since the new record has been certified by the Records Comittee.........Jackie

I believe that the following to be correct: the .009" difference applies only to a protest of a group measurement during a tournament; in order to change the size, the average of referees re-measurements must be 0.009" smaller/larger than the scorer's measurement. I believe that there never was such a requirement for records - either single group, or, aggregates. Conceivably, a divisional artifact, as small as 0.0001" could eclipse a record. Keep 'em ON the X! RG

WR Target PIC

I know everyone was asking to see the target. I did receive the target this past weekend. Happy to see it myself along with a very nice note from Gene. Again, thanks to everyone at the match and the Record Committee for their work.

Attachments

• WR FULL TARGET 2.jpg
    WR FULL TARGET 2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 914
My first screamer was an 0.094". To think of another 0 after the decimal point and a couple of thousandths shaved blows my mind too. Outstanding work....and hell, I'd be happy to shoot your sighter.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Amazing Target

Truly Amazing!

Congratulations Mike.

Brad Calhoun

Back