The Shamrock and the FNG.......

Yote

Russell Childs
If y'all see the south Georgia redneck walking around at the Shamrock with his tongue hanging out and a deer in the headlights look on his face, feel free to take him under your wings and show him the ropes. I have never shot a round in competition but plan on being at the Shamrock to spectate this year and hope to compete in it next year. I want to attend to get a feel for it and hopefully meet some of y'all who I've talked to here but never met. This will give me a chance to put a face with the name as well as take a look at equipment and techniques being used. My plan is to use the monthly meets at the Dublin range to prepare. So, don't be bashful, I'll be the guy walking around aimlessly, in awe of the rifles and equipment on the line. Give me a shout or a shake to bring me back around. I look forward to meeting you who attend.

Russell

If you have or can borrow a

If y'all see the south Georgia redneck walking around at the Shamrock with his tongue hanging out and a deer in the headlights look on his face, feel free to take him under your wings and show him the ropes. I have never shot a round in competition but plan on being at the Shamrock to spectate this year and hope to compete in it next year. I want to attend to get a feel for it and hopefully meet some of y'all who I've talked to here but never met. This will give me a chance to put a face with the name as well as take a look at equipment and techniques being used. My plan is to use the monthly meets at the Dublin range to prepare. So, don't be bashful, I'll be the guy walking around aimlessly, in awe of the rifles and equipment on the line. Give me a shout or a shake to bring me back around. I look forward to meeting you who attend.

Russell

rest and bags, I have an extra LV you are more than welcome to shoot for the weekend. Bet we can get you on the line rather than standing around watching. Might as well as drive in the deep end.

I'll be there Thursday, gray loading trailer w/ Iowa plates, red Sprinter. Look me up.

David

I appreciate that offer David. I have an LV Panda/Krieger of my own, everything to load at the range, etc. The one thing I don't have is a competitive rest though I've shot some mighty good groups off of the caldwell br that I have. I'm not a member of NBRSA nor registered for this match. Would shooting in it be a possibility? The main thing I'm after is seeing how evereything comes together during a match, the logistics if you will, as well as techniques used that I can then implement this year in preparation of next years event.

Again, thanks for that generous offer and I look forward to meeting you.

Yote.
The NBRSA lets you shoot your first tournament without joining.
And I was shooting off a Caldwell BR Rock thing. It's a starter. Gets your feet wet and all that.
A lot of people use it.
Jump in the water is fine. And prolly a lot warmer down there. :)

The Shamrock

Russell, I would seriously consider shooting the Shamrock. Whether you shoot your gun or David's, I can almost promise: you will enjoy the heck out of it. I passed up a similiar offer back when I did not even have a BR gun and I STILL REGRET IT! Take the Zippy06 advice and jump in. There is absolutely no reason to wait.

If you hang out with David long enough, he may break out that liddle grill wid de London Broil on it. I GUARANTEE YOU, YOU WILL LIKE THAT.

I will be in the Dublin area, but previous committments probably will not allow me to visit. I am not a group shooter, but the adult beverage idea sounds good. :)

Wayne

I appreciate that offer David. I have an LV Panda/Krieger of my own, everything to load at the range, etc. The one thing I don't have is a competitive rest though I've shot some mighty good groups off of the caldwell br that I have. I'm not a member of NBRSA nor registered for this match. Would shooting in it be a possibility? The main thing I'm after is seeing how evereything comes together during a match, the logistics if you will, as well as techniques used that I can then implement this year in preparation of next years event.

Again, thanks for that generous offer and I look forward to meeting you.
Russell, not to worry about a rest and bag. I always carry a spare front rest or two and several rear bags for different stock configurations and heights. I'll gladly loan you something like a cast-iron Bald Eagle front with windage top, a rear bag, etc.

I think Twin Oaks has some IBS centerfire score shoots. Come join the NBRSA and IBS reciprocates. (The NBRSA should) then you can use your Panda and shoot the later IBS matches on your NBRSA membership.

Looks like they will shoot IBS Varmint for Score and Factory on the first Sundays starting May 8. Your Panda will compete well in VFS. No, you don't have to shoot a 30 cal to win.

I'll probably get there Tuesday, Wednesday for sure. Intruder motor home, stop by.

Last edited:
Down on his luck,BR shooter needs assistance

Unshaven,longhaired,opinionated,rude and obnoxius shooter will be hitch-hiking southbound on Interstate 81 starting Monday the 15th,enroute to the Shamrock at MGGOA in Doublin, Georgia. Would appreciate a ride in a real nice motorhome with fully stocked bar and refrigerator.Clean high thread count percale sheets and a luxurios pillow top mattress preferred.Upon arrival I will need A rifle ,rest,ammo,match fees and cash option money,plus some reloading equipment ,powder and snacks( nothing too salty).I will be transporting a lint filled pocket of some "pretty good" bullets that I made,And would be willing to trade these for a night out in some "Hot Lanta" strip joint.
You BR guys are the greatest !
Joel

Unshaven,longhaired,opinionated,rude and obnoxius shooter will be hitch-hiking southbound on Interstate 81 starting Monday the 15th,enroute to the Shamrock at MGGOA in Doublin, Georgia. Would appreciate a ride in a real nice motorhome with fully stocked bar and refrigerator.Clean high thread count percale sheets and a luxurios pillow top mattress preferred.Upon arrival I will need A rifle ,rest,ammo,match fees and cash option money,plus some reloading equipment ,powder and snacks( nothing too salty).I will be transporting a lint filled pocket of some "pretty good" bullets that I made,And would be willing to trade these for a night out in some "Hot Lanta" strip joint.
You BR guys are the greatest !
Joel
Sorry Joel, while Interstate-81 does run within a mile of my door, I will be heading South to Dublin via Interstate-26. Otherwise I would offer my assistance...

The high thread count sheets are passé. I only use pure Indian silk. Oh, I almost forgot, I do have the double pillow-top mattresses, a stocked bar, 6 brands of imported beers and Adams Brothers Steaks.

Hey Yote, I'm retiring from BR...

I'll have some pretty good "stuff" to sell. I have an old style triangular Sinclair rest for sale, with bags, ETC, That works very well, since they quit making it, there is a demand for this "Jewel" Just ask for "Snuffy" Smth

No, I'm not shooting.

Guys, y'all are gonna wind up talking me into it. Jerry, I certainly appreciate the offer of using one of your rests. I may take you up on it. I was going to ride up leisurely on Saturday morning and take it all in. Should I decide to shoot, and it's mighty tempting to do so, what time would I need to be there to get registration and the other specifics out of the way before the match? And what time will firing commence?

Again, thanks to all for your words of encouragement and your equipment offers. I've hung around these boards for years and heard about br shooters' generosity. I must say it feels good to have total strangers willing to give you a hand. I hope we won't be strangers much longer and hope I'll have an opportunity to pass this generosity on.......

Russell

I'll have some pretty good "stuff" to sell. I have an old style triangular Sinclair rest for sale, with bags, ETC, That works very well, since they quit making it, there is a demand for this "Jewel" Just ask for "Snuffy" Smth

No, I'm not shooting.

Snuffy, that sounds good though I'm in the middle of a 6br build right now and pretty much strapped for cash. My "plan" was to get one of Butch's tops and use in the rest I have now after I get through with this build. But if the price is right, well................

I'll tell ya what I would like, if you could bring one of your bolt holsters with you I'll buy it from ya for sure. I don't have one but would need one if I decide to shoot Saturday.

Thanks for the offer.

Snuffy's Bolt holsters...

I'll be there probably on Wednesday and again on Friday. The old Sinclair is a real "Jewel" and a bunch cheaper than other similar rests. Just got to retire, too much going on around the Smith family.:)

Welcome to Dublin

Guys, sounds like ya"ll have it pretty much covered shooting wise, but if you need to know anything about Dublin etc. I'll be around and glad to help. I'lll be scootin around in a polaris ranger prior to the actual match. If you need anything at all, just stop me and I'll be glad to help. Just ask any of the "vets" if Rusty is really ready to help. Once again, welcome to Dublin. Rusty Carr, 478-275-4584

Rusty, not bringing the Airstream this year.

Guys, sounds like ya"ll have it pretty much covered shooting wise, but if you need to know anything about Dublin etc. I'll be around and glad to help. I'lll be scootin around in a polaris ranger prior to the actual match. If you need anything at all, just stop me and I'll be glad to help. Just ask any of the "vets" if Rusty is really ready to help. Once again, welcome to Dublin. Rusty Carr, 478-275-4584

We have a newer trailer to try out. Still have the Airstream, just trying a little more room. May sell it later. Look for my green Excursion. See you there. Jim

Rusty, long time no hear from. Hope everything is good with you and yours. Hope to look you up and finally meet you Saturday. I am going to start shooting at the monthly matches at Twin Oaks. Any chance I might run into you up there on the second Saturdays each month?

Yote, I don't expect to ever shoot competitively again, but I may se you at the range. Well, the forecast for Sat. at least looks great, everybody can just gripe about the wind! See ya, Rusty

Back