The Newer light gun record..................

Rich De

Today at Piedmont gun club, Rodney Wagner shot the tentative IBS Light Gun Record!
Congratulations Rodney, it was a pleasure to be there when you shot that AWSOME .349" group with your 6mmDasher. Rodney also won the light gun match group agg................. 1.665" and the score agg. (hmmm-don't remember the number).
Rich De

Attachments

• IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13  (2).jpg
    IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13 (2).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 624
  • IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13  (3).jpg
    IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13 (3).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 534
  • IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13  (4).jpg
    IBS 600 yd. lt. gun record .349 by Rodney Wagner 5-11-13 (4).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 545
It was only a matter of time before someone really blistered one down range. Looking forward to certifying that one this fall.

Way to go Rodney.

Dave

Rodney's score on that target was a 50, so that should be a new record as well. Great day today for the IBS.

Larry

HOley cow..... liddle and in the middle......

Good Job!

Hey, if you're gonna' throw that target away wouldja's sign it and I'll send postage so's I can hang it up in my Hunter Ed classroom?

LOL

al

Thanks...

Thanks guys . I don't think anyone was more surprised than myself that I would have shot a group like that today. But it was a pleasant surprise. When my first target in LG measured 2.8" and was shot in what I thought was pretty decent conditions I was thinking about what other guns I brought to the match. Glad I stuck with the rifle I started with though.

Rodney

Could you IMAGINE the heart attack if you'se had cameras on the target? Watching that group form would have been a recipe for coronary infarction :)

"Just TWO more...."

Just ONE MORE!!!!".....

Ohh $$$$chittt I can't even find that one!!! Did I pop a jacket??"

Thanks guys . I don't think anyone was more surprised than myself that I would have shot a group like that today. But it was a pleasant surprise. When my first target in LG measured 2.8" and was shot in what I thought was pretty decent conditions I was thinking about what other guns I brought to the match. Glad I stuck with the rifle I started with though.

Rodney

Not bad shooting for a guy who does his own barrels, horrors, on a South Bend Heavy 10 lathe.

Great shooting Rodney.

Do you guys realize the IBS HG & LG groups are probably going to be less than 7/16"......at 600 yards even.

Rodney Wagner and John Lewis, what a team.

Could you IMAGINE the heart attack if you'se had cameras on the target? Watching that group form would have been a recipe for coronary infarction :)

"??"

Al, I had the honor, along with that Clinch River bullet maker whose name I can't recall, of witnessing John Lewis HG 600 record of 0.414" from about 5 feet away. It was at the Oak Ridge Tennessee range where they have the drop-down military style target frames. I got to see all 5 go through the paper. The first 3 were a dot, the 4th made Mickeys left ear and the 5th shot made Mickeys right ear.Johns target was shot with his HG chambered in 308 Winchester and was shot with Lapua Scenar non-moly bullets. We don't do much moly at 600 anymore.

Rodney's 6 Dasher used 108 Bergers, also non-moly.

Congratulations!

Congratulations Rodney! Glad to see all your efforts in building your own rifles come together for you.

Mike Davis

Al, I had the honor, along with that Clinch River bullet maker whose name I can't recall, of witnessing John Lewis HG 600 record of 0.414" from about 5 feet away. It was at the Oak Ridge Tennessee range where they have the drop-down military style target frames. I got to see all 5 go through the paper. The first 3 were a dot, the 4th made Mickeys left ear and the 5th shot made Mickeys right ear.Johns target was shot with his HG chambered in 308 Winchester and was shot with Lapua Scenar non-moly bullets. We don't do much moly at 600 anymore.

Rodney's 6 Dasher used 108 Bergers, also non-moly.

I agree, that is cool. I got to watch a guy shoot a 5/8"er (600yds) WITH A 2 MINUTE LAG!!! and he looped that last one in just under the wire.......but what I'm talking about is if the SHOOTER could watch it....

Congratulations Rodney! Glad to see all your efforts in building your own rifles come together for you.

Mike Davis

Mike, I appreciate the congrats and yes it all came together for a moment or rather for one target. Any success I've had making my own barrels I can attribute to my teachers . Namely Jerry Sharrett and yourself . Thanks! and I must have been paying attention . LOL!

Take care,
Rodney

I agree, that is cool. I got to watch a guy shoot a 5/8"er (600yds) WITH A 2 MINUTE LAG!!! and he looped that last one in just under the wire.......but what I'm talking about is if the SHOOTER could watch it....

Al, I finally thought of the other guy watching the John Lewis record group form up. It was Greg Sigmund.

In Rodney's situation and his exceptional eyesight and the optics he uses, he told me he could mostly see the group form. He thought the upper left "flyer" was a bug on the paper. (Look again at the picture above, 0.349 X 50 X 2X--about as good as it will ever get)

Hellsbells I'm lucky at 600 yards to see the bull!

Al, I finally thought of the other guy watching the John Lewis record group form up. It was Greg Sigmund.

In Rodney's situation and his exceptional eyesight and the optics he uses, he told me he could mostly see the group form. He thought the upper left "flyer" was a bug on the paper. (Look again at the picture above, 0.349 X 50 X 2X--about as good as it will ever get)

Hellsbells I'm lucky at 600 yards to see the bull!

Wow, good eyes! Still, musta' been a good day :)

I'm shooting a Leupold 45 and can sometimes see 6MM's in the white. I can see thirties which is why I'm putting one together.... actually just got it shootable this last week.

al

Back