The gotta go to short range benchrest shoots.

Wjesswheel

Plan on shooting a couple short range benchrest shoots in the summer. What's the 2 or 3 gotta go to shoots say within 10 hours of northern Indiana that a newbie can go to and not get in the way. Been shooting for score but would do an agg match for fun and to get some experience.

Last edited:
You are one "VERY" lucky person. You have at least 3 ranges within 5 hrs of you, 1 at 3 hrs, one at 4 hrs, all of which have camping and motels. You also have Pat Reagan of PMA, Steve Theye of Benchrite, and Tom Meredith of TM Stockworks all living in Fort Wayne and advertisers on this forum. You have this forum. If you wish to contact WWCCA, which is about 3 hrs away contact me at bill.gammon@rogers.com.

Definitely make plans for the Super Shoot in North Lawrence Ohio. Holton is about 4 or 5 hours north of you, they usually have 3 matches scheduled, and as Bill mentioned WWCCA is just west of Detroit.

Joe Hynes

Chippewa Rifle Club

The Chippewa Rifle Club is located about 7 miles north of Kelbly's. The club holds 2-3 non-registered matches per month. Most are a one day dual yardage matches. Any light or heavy varmint(NBRSA or IBS) rifle qualifies for club matches. Non-members are welcome. You will find some of the toughest shooters in the area participating in these matches. A schedule will be available in the next few weeks and can be seen on the clubs website. Full contact information is also available on website. A single 2-day registered match will be held in August.

Randy Perkowski

Schedules

Jess,

I am attaching the Isabella County Sportsman's Club Benchrest Schedule as well as Western Wayne County Conservation Association's Schedule. (I am sure that Tim B. will add to my post as he runs the score matches there the entire year and performs admirably at it also). The Holton Gun & Bow Club also conducts score matches and one or two group matches throughout the season. Holton should be publishing their calendar shortly which you can view online. Jim Dyke is the point man for the score matches at Holton. And, if you want to take a trip "Up North" there are score matches conducted in Tawas, MI at the Iosco Sportsman's Club. Andy Taber runs the Tawas matches (100 yard only) and he populates this forum. They have a very nice range and you can smell the fresh Lake Huron breeze while you are shooting. I might add that all the other ranges that I have mentioned have very nice ranges as well.

Now, that is all of the ranges that conduct centerfire benchrest matches in Michigan. There is also the Hillsdale Rifle Club that conducts .22 benchrest matches as well as egg shoots.

As Wilbur states - "newbies don't get in the way......anywhere". Heck, I'm still a newbie and nobody has bumped into me yet!

I trust that this information will help you.

Matt

Attachments

• 2017 Isabella Match Schedule.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 2017 WWCCA Schedule.pdf
    106.8 KB · Views: 177
Not much to add.
I map checked from Steve's house 2.5hrs to WWCCA.

Matches are open to everyone.

WWCCA has a really nice club. Kitchen is open Sat and Sunday. They have those Steer Burgers from Gordon's Food Supply. Angus beef. Almost taste fresh ground..... the 200y Range house is heated and air conditioned....
Interstate most of the way. I-23 to M-14 Gotfredson rd. Rt on North Territorial. Left on Napier rd.

Bill Gammon put up his email..........

Angus Beef?

I will have to see if the kitchen crew will make me a bismarck next time I can mozzy over to the kitchen. Nothing like a bismarck especially when they are fresh!

Matt

"Angus beef. Almost taste fresh ground."

Almost.
1/3 lb. frozen patty.
And when I tell people, it's just a frozen patty, you can see the reaction when they bite into it.....

You should be able to make Cherry Ridge, New Jersey gun club in under 10 hours from your location. Bob White or The Shooters Corner hosts a number of 100 yard Bench Rest Shoots there in the season. Factory in the Morning and Heavy Varmint in the afternoon. You do not have to be a member of the club to shoot in the matches.

Bob

The Top Three "Gotta go to" matches...

The Super Shoot...

The Super Shoot...

The Super Shoot.

Try it... you will go back and go back, etc, etc...

Close to home

Farmland Conservation Club is less than 1 1/2 hours from you, monthly varmint matches 3rd Sat of month and Wabash has 3 varmint matches both are pretty good completion and a lot of fun

Gotta throw in a pitch for the St Louis Benchrest Club's East West Shoot June 24/25. 5 hours and 42 minutes from Ft Wayne to St Louis. Flat as butter on hot bread. You don't need flags that adjust from 2' to 10'. Its a terrific 60 bench range with a spacious loading facility. And if I could add, we have a bunch of RV hook ups, steak and potato for pennies on Saturday night, showers etc. etc.. I'm blessed being 38 minutes from the club. Heck if I lived 4 hours away I'd get on the waiting list to be a member of the club. Gosh I could go on forever. Handgun competition (2 venues), short and long range Benchrest, Hunter Class, F Class, X Course, rimfire silhouette, ARA etc. etc. You gotta see it to believe it. If you decide to make the trip down drop me an e mail and I'll be your wing man. Bill Cook.

Plan on shooting a couple short range benchrest shoots in the summer. What's the 2 or 3 gotta go to shoots say within 10 hours of northern Indiana that a newbie can go to and not get in the way. Been shooting for score but would do an agg match for fun and to get some experience.

MapQuest shows that River Bend is less than 10 hours from Fort Wayne, and River Bend has two first-class, registered shoots scheduled this year -- a two-day in March and a four-day in October. The weather for both shoots should be very mild. Charlie and Cheryl Hood, Roger and Phyliss Avery, and others "knock themselves out" with the food they fix, gratis, for the shooters. Shooters from IN, IL, MI, and PA (among other states) have shot there. You can find bigger shoots, but you won't find better shoots -- and you certainly will not find better food!

If you let us know several weeks ahead of time that you're coming maybe we can entice Wilbur into being there to show you around, and as he said above, you will not be in the way.

Look at http://benchrest.com/showthread.php...erfire-Benchrest-Matches-Schedule-and-Results

Back