The British Want Their Guns Back

B

brad541thb

Hi Everyone,
One of our GunsAmerica insider people sent us a link to this Youtube video about the failed gun ban in England.

If you don't know the history, England banned all legal ownership of handguns many years ago with very little resistance from its people. It was thought to be a good measure to bring down gun crime. The result has been double digit increases in gun crime every year since the ban. Since then the country has taken away many more freedoms, to hunt, to defend oneself from harm, and finally its citizens are speaking up.

Many of us who put time into defending gun freedom are ridiculed that the loss of gun freedom can never happen here because of the second amendment, yet we have seen throughout the history of the US that lawmakers eager to protect their own power will readily pass laws in violation of the second amendment. To this day, even after the Heller case, Chicago is fighting an NRA lawsuit to protect their own unconstitutional handgun ban.

If it were not for YOU, the American gun owning public, who so cling to freedom and defend any affront to it, we would end up much like England, whose citizens are now reeling in the face of ridiculous violent crime rates and a government that does not represent their interests.

Forward this to your friends. I have not seen anything this powerful in a long time and it should "go viral" as it is called to anyone in America who questions those who fight for firearms freedom now, before we lose it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTq2NEUlhDE

I received that email from one of the kind folks from GunsAmerica. I think the British folks have finally had enough. Maybe they will learn from their mistakes, and stop letting their own govt control them like pawns.

Then the BRITISH should take them back!

They, the British, have a queen.

That video is not about wanting their guns back.

It is a protest about banning fox hunting.

Dennis

You must have not watched enough of the flick. I thought it told the story pretty well!

You must have not watched enough of the flick. I thought it told the story pretty well!

I should have stated the film clips showing all the people protesting are about the fox hunt.

There is no large population support for getting their guns back demonstrated in this clip.

There is undoubtedly some support for getting their guns back but no large demonstrations that I have seen.

There is no doubt in my mind that England made some huge errors in gun laws and now are facing huge problems because of it.

England has gone all to hell in more ways than one and I doubt it is possible to make a comeback even if half the population wanted to.

The issue that all US gun owners should be dealing with is the current attack you are under. Looks like you will be taxed out of business. Your gov is getting around to effectively banning any gun exports from the US. I don't know what % of sales are in the rest of the world but they must be considerable especially at a time when the US is in serious financial problems and needs jobs not layoffs. I understand that ammunition and potentially reloading components exports will be stopped for "military" cartridges like 308 and 223. I put 100,000 Palma bullets through my club last year and that sale will not be going to Sierra again if this happens.

Bottom line is if sales go down your prices will be going up, and up, to say nothing of the tax increases you can expect! Pure and simple this is gun control in the USA.

Fromm CSSA:
We have it on good authority that the U.S. State
Dept is cutting off all Export Permits for certain
calibers of ammunition, namely .50BMG,
7.62x39mm Soviet, 7.62x51mm NATO, .308
Winchester , 5.56mm NATO and .223
Remington. They may also expand the list to
include 6.8mm SPC, 69mm Parabellum, .40
S&W and .45 Automatic, amongst others.

Last edited:
Yes the British messed up and so did we Australians.

Our problem was that we were complacent and they nibbled away at us one small part at a time. They targeted particular smaller sectors of the shooting community one at a time because the majority didn't car as long as it wasn't affecting them.

British Gun Laws

One of the best debates I've seen was between Wayne LaPierre and some Australian lady who was behind a U.N. ban on all small arms. Mr. LaPierre made her look like the misinformed fool she really was.

Lou Baccino

One of the best debates I've seen was between Wayne LaPierre and some Australian lady who was behind a U.N. ban on all small arms. Mr. LaPierre made her look like the misinformed fool she really was.

Lou Baccino

Oh, but Lou, you're obviously one of those uncivilized brutes like I am that thinks that self defense is better than just submitting because we're so civilized. :eek: If that gal was any smarter she'd be as good a debater as Sarah Brady. Watched her make a total fool of herself on a local tv show in Seattle maybe 20 years ago. LaPierre just let her run her mouth, obviously on the theory that if he gave her enough rope she'd hang herself. She did. Same as the Aussie female.

Jerry, not to mention all the guns that private US citizens donated to be sent to England for "home defense" that were destroyed after the war. I'd sure hate to be a slave instead of a citizen. :eek:

Or, better dead than red!!

I've repeated this before, NRA says there are 85 million gun owners in the US. Just enough, if everyone does their part.

The sad truth is only a very small number of the 85mil belong to the NRA. If all 85mil gun owners belonged to NRA, you'd never hear one word about gun control, never, ever. Thanks, Douglas

Back