Thank you Lee Hachigian

I received my Dec 2018 issue of Precision Rifleman in yesterday's mail. While I admit to being in the camp that advocates moving to an electronic format, I was nevertheless pleased with the opening tone of the issue. I'm new to NBRSA and most of the names I often see referenced are just that; names on a page. I was pleased to see the remarks by President Meyer along with the pictures and bios of all the regional directors. We all enjoy this great sport. None of us want incessant bickering amongst ourselves to jeopardize its existence. I plan to help make 2019 the year when we see the beginning of a renaissance of benchrest shooting.

Many of you have posted some good points, and the value-proposition of both web-based information and printed media need to be evaluated (and improved when appropriate).

I volunteered for the Editor position in an effort to make the magazine more enjoyable to read, and to enhance content and potentially advertising revenues. The December issue was a learning experience for me. However, in each magazine going forward I plan to make numerous improvements, including posting match results as quickly as I receive them, include Letters to the Editor, new gear reviews and articles on everything from how to load, equipment, and shooting techniques. Those of you who want to contribute to the success of the magazine (and the NBRSA) can email me directly with your ideas, articles, etc.

The January issue will hopefully reach your mailbox in a week or two. I would appreciate your honest review with improvement ideas and comments (via email).

The magazine goes to print on the 15th of the previous month (I’m currently working on the February issue, the deadline is Jan 15). The quicker you send me Match reports, the quicker they get in the magazine.

Thanks,
Lee

Ps. There is also an update report in the magazine on the efforts to refresh the NBRSA.org website.

Many of you have posted some good points, and the value-proposition of both web-based information and printed media need to be evaluated (and improved when appropriate).

I volunteered for the Editor position in an effort to make the magazine more enjoyable to read, and to enhance content and potentially advertising revenues. The December issue was a learning experience for me. However, in each magazine going forward I plan to make numerous improvements, including posting match results as quickly as I receive them, include Letters to the Editor, new gear reviews and articles on everything from how to load, equipment, and shooting techniques. Those of you who want to contribute to the success of the magazine (and the NBRSA) can email me directly with your ideas, articles, etc.

The January issue will hopefully reach your mailbox in a week or two. I would appreciate your honest review with improvement ideas and comments (via email).

The magazine goes to print on the 15th of the previous month (I’m currently working on the February issue, the deadline is Jan 15). The quicker you send me Match reports, the quicker they get in the magazine.

Thanks,
Lee

Ps. There is also an update report in the magazine on the efforts to refresh the NBRSA.org website.

My Jan edition showed up today and it was a great read. Thank you again for all your efforts Lee!

Brian

January Issue

I thought the magazine has improved a lot and enjoyed the technical articles and the comments by the leadership. It is certainly more relevant and useful to me. Good Job and I look forward to additional issues.

Steve

Yes, Thank You Lee! Nicely done and the articles/Q&A's were fun and informative.

Also, thanks to the various Match Directors for their work..... and, in my case a special shoutout to my guy Fred Dobson!

Back