Thank you Bartlein Barrels and Sightron Scopes

For the last four years Bob White past president of the IBS, owner of the Shooters Corner gun shop and advertiser on Benchrest Central has ran a clinic to get new shooters interested in Benchrest and to come to our Benchrest matches. I have been fortunate enough to be an instructor at the last three clinics. This year we had Jeff Stover (present president of the IBS) as an instructor. The clinics are taught in three sessions, basic, intermediate and a shooting competition. The information that is presented at the classes varies from the history of Benchrest, types of rifles, courses of fire, case prep, reloading, tuning, rest setup, reading the wind and much more.The last four years Alan Orr of Sightron Scopes has donated a scope for the raffle and it is greatly appreciated. This year I spoke to Tracy Bartlein of Bartlein Barrels about what we were doing and would he and his company like to donate a barrel to the seminar. We spoke about the seminar and about the sport that both of us love. Tracy said why should he donate one barrel when we were having three classes and at that point he said he would send me three certificates for the raffle. Giving back to our sport is one of the things that everyone talks about but people like Bob, Alan and Tracy actually do. I thank Bob, Alan and Tracy very much.
Harley Baker

Let's not forget Edna for putting up with Bob.

Very well put Harley, Thanks to Alan Orr (Sightron) and Tracy Bartlein (Bartlein Barrels) and Jeff Stover (IBS President)

Russell Rains

A long time ago , in Naderville,
Reloading was a way to shoot more( Lee loader,a pound of powder,box of bullets,a hundred primers{nobody even dreamed of needing a thousand} ) for less money. Woodchucks were our primary objective.One hundred bullets= about 75 woodchucks after tuning, sighting in,and a couple of misses out in the hayfields( hey, nobody's 100%). Anyway we gravitated toward BenchRest. The first matches we attended were exciting to say the least. Thirty or forty rifles on the line at once,Wow ! Wind flags everywhere, Guys reloading anywhere they could find a spot,Target crews that would drive down range and retrieve your targets,Stat crews that would measure and print out the results.We had found shooting paradise.
During the event give-a-ways would usually commence.Hats,solvent,brass,powder,you name it.We were hooked,and hooked hard.To this day the manufacturer give-a-ways are a huge event at the Super Shoot and Nationals.Guys line up for a chance at an Action or barrel or bullets or bottle of solvent.All donations are appreciated by the shooters.I'm shure the manufacturers know this and feel good about donating their product.What a wonderful partnership we all have in this BR shooting fraternity.Manufacturers,gunsmiths,suppliers,shooters and the gun clubs we belong to and support.
Great bunch of guys. Tracy,Alan and Bob are among the best.
Joel

So many contributing manufacturers throughout the years !
Jim Kelbly and family,Jack & Michelle Sutton (Hart Barrels),Alan Tucker( Leupold Scopes)Seb Lambang( Seb Rests)Bart Sauter, Jim Borden, Bill Gravatt and the Sinclair gang,Hawkeye borescopes, Smiley Hensley, Help me out here--------

Last edited:
This is one of the considerations I made in shooting RockCreek barrels as they have donated and given back to the sport. Randy J.

Back