Texas State Championship 1000yd NBRSA shoot for 2012

Joe Duke

The Texas State Championship 1000yd NBRSA shoot for 2012 will be held on March 16th (Light Gun) and March 17th (Heavy Gun) at the Emert Ranch Range. Entry fee will be $50 a day. The format will be different from last year in that we will shoot only one target in a round this year. The Light Gun will shoot 6 rounds of 5 shots each and the Heavy Gun will shoot 6 rounds of 10 shots each. You will also be given time for sighters in each round. The matches will begin at 10:00 AM each day.

We will also have a Texas Outlaw Sniper Contest before the Heavy Gun match on the 17th. $20 to enter. No sighters, 1 shot, cold barrel, any caliber up to .40, any muzzle break, any weight rifle, no spotters, closest to center mass wins the 50% money payout, a brag cap and plaque. Mark your calendars and come shoot with us.

Joe

Attachments

• 2nd Annual Emert Ranch 1000.doc.pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Joe,

So the light gun will be shot on a Friday. Just wanted to be sure becasue I cannot make it if on Saturday.

Thanks, Paul

That is correct. Light gun will be shot on Friday and heavy gun on Saturday.
This range is not open on Sundays.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Joe,

If I can get my gun together I will make it. One other question How do you handle sighter shots. I assume that there would have to be pits as I know of no scope that will see bullet holes at 1000. Sorry this will be my fisrt try at anthing past 500 meters.

Thanks again, Paul

There are no pits at this range but there is a steel plate by every target that has orange dots painted on it. The rest of the plate is painted white so you can easily see your sighter bullet marks on the plate. The plate will be repainted for every target so you always have a clean sighter plate to shoot at. It works well.

Actually, at the 1000 yard match last October, early in the morning, we could see bullet holes in the paper. The air was extremely dry and still. It was amazing! It also did not last very long until the prevalent West Texas winds returned.

Joe

Joe, just asking this question makes it obvious I dont shoot 1k. At least not yet.
For us short range br guys our matches usually start in March and the championship match is held much later in the season.
How is it that you hold your championship match in March, is 1k more of a winter season here?

At this point, we have 1 1K match in Texas. So, it is the championship. :>)

Bring us more ranges and we will have a series.

Joe

For us short range br guys our matches usually start in March and the championship match is held much later in the season.
How is it that you hold your championship match in March, is 1k more of a winter season here?

Vern,

If you check the schedule, I believe you will find that the first NBRSA registered short range group match in the Gulf Coast Region is the GCR Championship match.

Ryan

The match will be week after next. If you would like to shoot, we would like to see you there.

Joe

Due to the amount of rain in West Texas, the range is very wet and more rain is expected next weekend when the shoot was scheduled. The match is postponed and rescheduled for the 1st and 2nd of June. It is unusual to have to rainout a match in West Texas but after the last couple of years, we are happy when the Lord answers our prayers for rain.

Joe

Per Tad Emert: If you have paid please let me know if you plan to attend then or need me to refund your money. Thanks, Tad

OK, This match is a month away. If you are entered, get ready. It will be here before you know it. If you would like to shoot it, get tuned up and come shoot with us. You will have a good time and get to enjoy a bit of Texas. This is a nice range to shoot on. Each shooter will have their own steel plate to use for sighters. You will not be doing pit duty as there are no pits at the range.

See you there.

Joe

Back