Ted Manning Memorial Shoot September 24-25 Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club

Steve Lee

Roanoke came back on line this year holding their first shoot last June.

September 24-25 they will be holding the Ted Manning Memorial which will be Light Varmint/Heavy Varmint 100-200 Two Gun.

Roanoke has done an excellent job of getting the range ready. They have upgraded electrical service and are ready to handle campers with plenty of 30 amp outlets. They have plans to add additional campsites in the future.

Everyone come out to support Roanoke and honor Southeast Region Hall of Fame member Ted Manning. See y'all there.

Steve

Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club
1305 Gun Club Drive
Hardy, VA 24101
Gil Gross
(540) 721-3015

I've had a couple of people contact me to ask about Ted. As far as I know Ted has not yet passed but does have advanced cancer. Gil Gross and Mike Jennings told me last June that the September shoot would be titled the Ted Manning Memorial, so that is how I publicized it.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Let's all keep Ted in our prayers. Ted is a great human being and has always been a friend to me. Ted is one of the best shooters I've ever seen.

Good Evening Steve,

I was kinda of thinking about dragging the camper down to this shoot and getting there late on Thursday.
Just would like to make sure that there is room before we head down.

Russell

Let's all keep Ted in our prayers. Ted is a great human being and has always been a friend to me. Ted is one of the best shooters I've ever seen.

+++A for Ted

A great shooter and fine man to shoot with and to talk to.

One tine at Unaka I was shooting beside Ted and I was, I thought, really getting good on shooting fast. Then I noticed Ted. When I was loading my third round Ted was taking his bolt out. And he was shooting a RB/RP!!

Here's praying I can shoot beside Ted again.

Prayer

+++A for Ted

A great shooter and fine man to shoot with and to talk to.

One tine at Unaka I was shooting beside Ted and I was, I thought, really getting good on shooting fast. Then I noticed Ted. When I was loading my third round Ted was taking his bolt out. And he was shooting a RB/RP!!

Here's praying I can shoot beside Ted again.

That's a good prayer for all of us to pray, Jerry. Shoot beside Ted again.

Last edited:
Packing my rusty stuff...will forget a lot but it doesn't matter this time! All I need is enough to go through the motions! :) Somebody bring an extra set of earmuffs as mine seem to have vanished.

While trying to load enough stuff to go bang....I came across this piece of history. Saddened me to no end....

Attachments

• MickeyColeman.jpg
    MickeyColeman.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
During our NBRSA shoot this weekend at Roanoke Ted came by. He really looks good and acts like he is feeling good. I got to talk to him a couple of times. Says the doctor told him as soon as the surgery heals he is good to go.

Do prayers get answered, yes..

Back