Teaser photos of my newest custom

Butch Lambert

I am almost to the finish line on my latest custom wood stock rifle. It is on a John Pierce CM receiver. It has an octagon barrel and I chambered it in 6.5X47Lapua.
rhqqfo.jpg

The first pic is the octagon banded sight that I built.
34fbom0.jpg

The second pic is the rear iron sight base that James Anderson crafted.
5np5ah.jpg

Ken Hurst engraving on the bottom metal. It was shipped off to James Anderson today to be rust blued an final fitting to the beautiful stock that he whittled out.
Butch

Nice one Butch, very cool indeed, come on show the whole thing. What do you use in the line of engraver, that looks pretty neat too.

Butch,

Both the front sight ramp and rear sight base are outstanding. You have to promise to post a full layout of pictures when it is fully complete and finished.

Thanks for sharing.

DougF

Butch,
You have way too much spare time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,, your spending it doing things 1st class,,,,,,,,,,, that' a beautiful work of art,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Hey,
I've been on it for about 3yrs. Ken Hurst in North Carolina did the engraving. Hopefully real soon it will be ready.
Wife and I are off for Alaska tomorrow.
Butch

Butch, I'm pretty sure someone could send you a bent truck axle and a beatup 6x6 and you'd turn it into a work of art. GREAT STUFF

Incredible metal work.

I still can't wrap my head around how the stock maker gets a good fit between the metal and wood on the barrel sides. You have to assume that the barrel sides are perfectly plum with the action screws, if not, I don't have a clue how to put the wood back. As the barrel goes down into the wood, just the repeated trial fits could compress the sides. Inletting black has to be removed and usually takes a little wood with it.

Wow.............

Jim

Butch, That is really nice work, have fun in Alaska.
Lowell

I am almost to the finish line on my latest custom wood stock rifle. It is on a John Pierce CM receiver. It has an octagon barrel and I chambered it in 6.5X47Lapua.
rhqqfo.jpg

The first pic is the octagon banded sight that I built.
34fbom0.jpg

The second pic is the rear iron sight base that James Anderson crafted.
5np5ah.jpg

Ken Hurst engraving on the bottom metal. It was shipped off to James Anderson today to be rust blued an final fitting to the beautiful stock that he whittled out.
Butch

Its not craftsmanship, It is a work of art.

Very nice Butch,mate roughly how many hours would you have invested in making the front sight assy...............................just curious.

Regards Chris.

Hey Chris,
I'm in Alaska on vacation and don't check post like I normally would. I have about 70hrs in it. Mainly because I scrapped the first one.
Butch

Butch, simply stated it would be an honor to be able to pull a beautiful piece like that out of the cabinet and enjoy a day of shooting. My thoughts when I saw the first picture of the front sight was WOW........ Craftsmanship INDEED.

Enjoy your trip and stay safe. A Texan who is actually further north than this Canadian.........

Calvin

Butch are you going to stop and visit Sarah Palin?:D
Have a safe trip and i hope you guys have fun! joe:)

She wasn't home when the train passed through Wasilla. We were fortunate to be able to see a Grizzly chase a very large Bull Moose for a short distance. It was a nice treat.
Butch

Back