Team Captain - Team USA

C

CYoung

I am proud to announce that David Kenimer has been selected to be the captain of the USA team at the 2011 World Rimfire Championships. David has had a spectacular year since representing the USA in Italy in 2008, winning the inagural PSL series and the unlimited standings for RBA. David will be a fine representative for Team USA. He is working on the method of qualifying for the team and will announce the results soon. If you are interested in joining the team, David's email is david@southernautocolor.com.

2001 World championship qualifications

I have agreed to the team captain position and take responsibilties for team USA at the 2011 championships.

As team USA captain it will be my duties to organize and place shooters on three man teams to compete in the next years championships in Summerville ,SC. This communication is to help inform the USA shooting community on how we will qualify and invite shooters to be on team USA. America has many organizations to pull shooters from so some criteria has to be set up.

According to the rules we can take as many as three teams of three shooters to each class of the match. This comes down to 9 shooters per gun class. There are 6 gun classes. This means we will have as few as three shooters up to 54 team members depending on how many teams we form.

The international sporter and 10.5 hunter benchrest classes will be chosen from 2009 and 2010 3gun nationals of RBA and IR50/50 . The unlimited class shooters will be chosen from the 2009 and 2010 PSL points series and the ARA nationals. Everyone has opportunity to qualify from all organizations and for all gun classes.

I will start right away to organize and secure funds to be raised to benefit team USA. Hopefully we can raise enough funds to support our team properly.

It was my honor and privilege to represent the USA as a team member in 2008 in the Milan championships and I did so to the best of my ability. It will be a thrill for me to see the rest of the world to come to know the level of shooting that the USA is capable of in 2011.

David Kenimer USA Team captain 2011

2009 qualifiers

This is a list of shooters that qualified in 2009.
RBA
DJ Hepler
Bob Collins
Doug Kenimer
Jerry Washam
Joe Oates
Emory Smith
Jack Boger
Jody Reed
David Kenimer
Jim Peppers

IR50/50
Bob Raide
Bob Collins
Paul Wilmoth
Steve Loyd
Greg Davis
Keith Lovan
Charles Pippin
Bill Hinegardner
Kent Owens
Wendall Dean

PSL
David Kenimer
Craig Young
Darrel Barnes
DJ Hepler
Harry Deneen
Joe Beshe
Wendall Dean
Brian Brandt
Mike Sherrill
Tod Wooten

ARA
Brian Brandt
Jon McKinney
Dustin Allen
Bob Barnhart
Ken Brooks
Tony Blosser
Dan Kilough
Bob Collins
Mark Meadows
Fread Sears

Good luck to all that wish to strive to make Team USA. You will all have a big task to keep up to the standards achieved by Team USA in the 2008 World Championships in Italy. I am also sure the competition from all over the world has increased dramatically since 2008 looking at the scores achieved in recent times & also knowing that many have spent considerable dollars on buying new equipment. All this will go a long way to helping our sport into the future & making the World Championships in 2011 USA something special.

Bill Collaros
WRABF PRESIDENT
www.wrabf.com

Last edited:
David - well done mate. Looking forward to meeting up with you again. Hope you can still make it this summer.

Carl

I have agreed to the team captain position and take responsibilties for team USA at the 2011 championships.

As team USA captain it will be my duties to organize and place shooters on three man teams to compete in the next years championships in Summerville ,SC. This communication is to help inform the USA shooting community on how we will qualify and invite shooters to be on team USA. America has many organizations to pull shooters from so some criteria has to be set up.

According to the rules we can take as many as three teams of three shooters to each class of the match. This comes down to 9 shooters per gun class. There are 6 gun classes. This means we will have as few as three shooters up to 54 team members depending on how many teams we form.

The international sporter and 10.5 hunter benchrest classes will be chosen from 2009 and 2010 3gun nationals of RBA and IR50/50 . The unlimited class shooters will be chosen from the 2009 and 2010 PSL points series and the ARA nationals. Everyone has opportunity to qualify from all organizations and for all gun classes.

I will start right away to organize and secure funds to be raised to benefit team USA. Hopefully we can raise enough funds to support our team properly.

It was my honor and privilege to represent the USA as a team member in 2008 in the Milan championships and I did so to the best of my ability. It will be a thrill for me to see the rest of the world to come to know the level of shooting that the USA is capable of in 2011.

David Kenimer USA Team captain 2011

All sounds good David. To be honest I haven't been too excited about the WC's next year, but it's beginning to sound more interesting. If you get an oversubscription of sponsorship I'll be happy to forward my bank details :)

Good Luck
Brian

Dave,
With everyone they have to pick from, team captain at home, that’s a big honour, congratulations.

Bill will be Australian team captain again, I won’t there and I’d say there will few new faces on the Australian squad next year and I’m sure everyone there will have a good time.

Peter

You left out the best shooter on the planet right now! But if you wish that is fine.

Current list

Just to clarify . The list Posted above is directly from the results posted from 2009. There is no preference or partiality involved. 2010 results will be posted the same. If the greatest on the planet wants to compete in 2011 championships they need to get qualified. Good luck to everyone. David K

Carp,
Don’t you mean the best centerfire shooter in the world, as far as I know he has no form in rimfire and this is a rimfire world championships.

But all is not lost, the centerfire guys WBSF are going to hold there own rimfire world championships and the first one is set down for 2012 in Australia. It will be interesting to see how many rimfire shooters are in the US team for that one.

Peter

Actually it amounts to about four folks that aren't on the list and probably won't be due to "qualifying". I'm not upset David, don't take me wrong. It's just different disciplines. Taking the unlimited from single events and not whole seasons is not necessarily taking the top shooters. Especially when at least 3 of these that I'm thinking of shoot multiple ranges and excel week to week all season long. They may not be willing for all I know. Just look at the ARA A-Line and Agg Line and figure out who they are.

John M. Carper

David,
I like it. Someone has to decide the qualifications, and I think you did as good a job as anyone else could do. Everyone knows what they have to do to make the team, now they just have to do it.

It does not matter who you are talking about If they are as good as you say I hope they qualify because we need them. No one is to blame if they don't . Every one has equal chance in 2010 to make the team. This team will be made up of individuals but this is unlike matches in the US because it's more about the team. In Milan Team USA functioned as a unit and we had favorable results. This would be my hope as well for Team USA 2011. David K

Like I said David, I'm not upset or anything of the like. I hope that the U.S. does well and hope they work like a team. I wish you and U.S. (pun intended) the best.

John M. Carper

Hi David my friend,

it all sounds good and it sounds that this will be a new venture for some shooters being part of a team and having to work together.

i hope to make the event at what ever cost as this will probably my last international event due to health, but I know you guys will make it a good one for me to go out on.

Cheers, AndyD

Dave,
With everyone they have to pick from, team captain at home, that’s a big honour, congratulations.

Bill will be Australian team captain again, I won’t there and I’d say there will few new faces on the Australian squad next year and I’m sure everyone there will have a good time.

Peter

Peter:Thank you for giving me a wonderful Birthday Present, I will be honoured to represent my Country again especially as Team Captain :)

Congratulations David as being picked as the American Team Captain. Also a big congrats to all of those who have made the qualifying list. It will make this year's standings even more interesting as it may motivate some to work hard to try and get to South Carolina in 2011.

Les

Les,
If I understand David right you will have to attend the RBA or IR50/50 Nationals and shoot both Yards & Meters to Qualify in Sporter & 10 1/2.
For the Unlimited you would have to shoot in the ARA Nationals or probably 3 PSL matches to qualify.
Furthermore you will probably have to be in the top ten at any of these events.
The Standings have nothing to do with it.

Les,
If I understand David right you will have to attend the RBA or IR50/50 Nationals and shoot both Yards & Meters to Qualify in Sporter & 10 1/2.
For the Unlimited you would have to shoot in the ARA Nationals or probably 3 PSL matches to qualify.
Furthermore you will probably have to be in the top ten at any of these events.
The Standings have nothing to do with it.

Ah yes, I wasn't probably clear in my post, for I do see where Standings could confuse some as I used it, but as you stated it would be based on the top ten at the national events. The only exception of course is the PSL, and is based on the final standings for all the events. I suspect for the PSL it would probably require making it to almost all 5 events, but lookings at last year some with only 4 events did finish in the top ten. I wonder if the dream of making it to the World event in South Carolina may attract more to attend the above events. I can see it now 1000 participates show up at one of the national events :D

Back