tasco target scope question

C

cwop

i have a tasco target scope with the outside spring. finally have it sighted and set-up but have a worry.

is this scope supposed to move within the brackets when fired or do you tighten the 2 plastic screws in the front to keep the scope tight?

thanks

bob

The mounting is the same as a Unertl or Lyman Super Targetspot, you can actually use it either way. Shoot it untightened and remember to move the scope back to battery after each shot or tighten it and shoot. I've really never seen much difference.........a 22 rimfire shouldn't recoil enough to be a factor, think of the spring around the tube as a shock absorber.

Yes the scope should move with recoil. Well, actually the gun moves and the scope stays almost stationary. As said above you can set the recoil spring so the scope is against the block again after recoil or you can pull it back manually. The trick is making sure it is all the way back...if it is not then poi will change with each shot. With my Lyman and a spring I set it at about half compression for rimfire and no compression of the spring with centerfire. Most of us learn quick to give it a yank back before shooting again. With centerfire you don't want the recoil spring to do much of the work. Your eye socket will tell you why after you touch the rifle off if the spring is too tight. Pain and perhaps a bit of blood makes you a very quick study. Merry Christmas bob finger

Back