Super slick bags

BHB

My front and rear super slick bags don't seem to be super slippery anymore.I wash wandering what could be put on them to make them slick again. I used to spray my cardura bags with spray silicone but not sure if it works on super slick material.

My front and rear super slick bags don't seem to be super slippery anymore.I wash wandering what could be put on them to make them slick again. I used to spray my cardura bags with spray silicone but not sure if it works on super slick material.

I wasted about a year with different powders, waxes, sprays, and anything else I could think of trying to do away with the used dryer sheets that I've been using for many years, and you know what? :eek: Nothing works as well as the dryer sheets, period! :rolleyes:

Yep, I finally gave up on using anything else and have been very happy with the results.

Most of my shooting is done in the West Texas tunnel so wind is not a problem. I'll agree that the dryer sheets can be a PITA out in the wind but with just a little effort and imagination you can always manage. I'll stick with the dryer sheets.

Consider this;
They're free. :cool:
No maintenance, waxing, cleaning, etc.
Still works better than anything else.

Carry some extras in a ziplock bag tucked away in the corner of your rest cart. If you get caught without spares, you can always press a dollar bill into service. Works good but not quite as slick as the dryer sheets.

Keep it simple

Gene Beggs

I wasted about a year with different powders, waxes, sprays, and anything else I could think of trying to do away with the used dryer sheets that I've been using for many years, and you know what? :eek: Nothing works as well as the dryer sheets, period! :rolleyes:

Yep, I finally gave up on using anything else and have been very happy with the results.

Most of my shooting is done in the West Texas tunnel so wind is not a problem. I'll agree that the dryer sheets can be a PITA out in the wind but with just a little effort and imagination you can always manage. I'll stick with the dryer sheets.

Consider this;
They're free. :cool:
No maintenance, waxing, cleaning, etc.
Still works better than anything else.

Carry some extras in a ziplock bag tucked away in the corner of your rest cart. If you get caught without spares, you can always press a dollar bill into service. Works good but not quite as slick as the dryer sheets.

Keep it simple

Gene Beggs
The trouble with dryer sheets is that they are very toxic. They contain about 7 toxins that are very hazardous to the human body and can be absorbed by just handling them.

Last edited:
Slippery Bags

Does the Rifle shoot any different with the bags being less slippery.

Glenn

Does the Rifle shoot any different with the bags being less slippery.

Glenn
Yes, seems like gun is dragging across bags and affecting accuracy. I think I should have stayed with cardura bags and sprayed with silicone.

I was using Hbn powder in an aerosol can on my cordura bags. Wasn't really happy with that and ordered some teflon tape. Before I had a chance to apply the tape to my stock, the aerosol can plugged and quit working, nearly full can. About that time I read that silicone spray was the thing to use on cordura and were they ever right.
When i give the bags a spray with the silicone, it is so slick i can barely keep the gun on the bags. I wouldn't want it any more slippery than that.

We used to just shake a bit of talcum powder on our bags and shoot. Next came the Teflon, plastic, UHMW sticker things that we stuck on our stocks. Then all hell broke loose and folks were putting anything and everything on their bags and stocks. I've got some of that stuff...at least the spray cans... but most of them won't spray anymore and those that do spray some weird looking stuff.

The "Baby Powder" I used at Roanoke a while back has a date stamp on it...2/24/1984. Wonder who I stole that from?

Guess I....

The trouble with dryer sheets is that they are very toxic. They contain about 7 toxins that are very hazardous to the human body and can be absorbed by just handling them.

Guess I better warn my wife before she puts them in the dryer.

Bounce dryer sheets help keep the rodents out of my RV and stored vehicles engine compartments. Yes, it works, no more chewed wires. What do the rodents know?

If you use dryer sheets (in your dryer) they tend to plug up the lint screen to a point the screen will hold water. Test it some time.

3m slick cloth

Lee Roy Cullins of Brownwood worked for 3M and got and used the first of the beaded slick cloth on his bags.
Al Elliott

Lee Roy Cullins of Brownwood worked for 3M and got and used the first of the beaded slick cloth on his bags.
Al Elliott

Al, I don't know how long it has been out there. Frank gave me oval shaped pads that had adhesive on one side. I later called 3M and they said I could buy the material in 100 yard lengths. I didn't purchase it, but they let me have a piece 3-4 yards by 12" at no charge. I believe Frank said the stick on ones that he gave me were for reflectors on tennis shoes.

3m

I think he got those from Lee Roy. I got a few of the stickon strips and several sheets of cloth from Lee Roy. They work quite well.

Back