Super Shoot

Dennis, I will be attending my first S.S. and my second Group Match shoot. So I'm a newbie! Stop by to see me, I'll tell you who to stay away from (HaHa) 0r watch me and I'll show you all the mistakes to made so you don't do them. Most of the guys I meet or very helpful but sometimes deep into what they are doing. I'm planning to learn allot, see all the latest, and greatest equipment and watch some of the countries and worlds best shooters.
Butch Lipscomb

Wow

Wow, what great feedback and offers! Thanks Jerry, Jack, and Butch for the offers to meet and/or shoot. I'm not really a rookie at shooting BR, but we only shoot VFS at the Austin Club so group is something else for me, other than working up loads. I'm like Butch, and would like to see how it's done by the HoF folks, especially reading/shooting the wind - that still escapes me after 2 years! I've won a couple VFS matches, but mostly due to dumb luck since I'm shooting a 6BR against the 30s, so watching the best would certainly help me to "see" the process and maybe help eliminate the "little" things I'm doing wrong.

I apologize to the OP for hi-jacking the thread.

Dennis

Dont handicap yourself by thinking youre already behind by shooting a 6 in score. If all you know is what you read on the net you may as well not even show up with a 6 but in reality i think you could look at match reports or the records from 10+ years ago and see the 30 didnt change the game forever.

Thanks, Dusty, but I don't consider myself handicapped with the 6, heck I just put another barrel on my Shilen. Like I told one of the last winners "anyone can do it with a 30" - I don't think he was amused! The only thing "unfair" about VFS is that if a 6 and a 30 hit at exactly the same spot on the target (ignoring any washouts), the 30 will score higher. Same accuracy, better score. I can live with that; it just means I have to do better and that is why I'm thinking of just observing at the Super Shoot, and maybe buying some(or a lot) of toys! My biggest issue is the 1400 mile trip up there, and then the same back.

If you're shooting at the SS, good luck and maybe I'll see ya there!

Dennis

Hfv

!st thing to do Dennis is grab Sharrett and Dick Wright, confiscate all the Scot powder they have and hold it for me. I needs that powder worser than a hawg needs slops.

Back