Super Shoot

Jeff Summers won.

There are a bunch of people, ( ESPECIALLY ME) happy as can be with that. This gentleman has been so close to winning so many times, it was simply a matter of time.

He reminds me of the old addage when coon hunters are braggin about their dogs.

When one fella says it all:
Mine's as good as the best, bettern the rest ...

Great shooting Jeff,

Joe

This is Jeff's 2nd SS win. I would like to know how many top tens he has had at the SS. The cream always rises to the top at the Super Shoot. Congrat Jeff and Larry Costa and to all the winners. Scotty

I just got off the phone with Chris Harris. He came in seventh, didn't remember who came in sixth. As was posted above first was Jeff Summers, and according to Chris, second was Larry Costa, third Jeff Gaidos, fourth Wane Campbell, and fifth Gene Buckys. This was all from memory as he was on his way home.

Last edited:
Congratulations Jeff. I'm very proud of you. The SS with as many competitors as you are facing from all over the World makes this Very special.

Congratulations!

Great news - way to go Jeff. I've been waiting for you to win another! Wish I was there to hoist one with you in celebration.

Yep, Congrats to Jeff for sure! He seems like a real good dude! I wish i could have been there. Maybe next year. Lee

Yes, Congratulations to Jeff Summers. Its quite an accomplishment to win a Super Shoot. I haven't been there,but I'm told that you shoot one match about every hour and you rotate after each match. Seems it would be difficult to stay focused with that much time between matches. Its definitely a marathon of an event.
The "Super Bowl" Of benchrest Competition. Hate I missed it.

Glenn

Glenn. It is very hard to concentrate. Sometimes with 350 shooters. It could be 1.5 hrs.
And every time you sit down. It's a different range. You move 12 benches.
12 benches and time are the enemies. Plus friends............I was helping a first time SS shooter. And the guy behind me was a 2nd time shooter.
The guy behind me knows a mutual friend. It's a small world. So there was a lot of talking.
I might have a bag problem. But, did not figure it out till the end. Another friend George Carter mentioned, it might be my bag setup.
This was my 3rd SS. In 4 yrs. And my worst standing.
But, I had a great time. Got to meet some more people in the Benchrest Community.
256 people. 16 countries. Lotta fun.
Tim B.

Jeff,, yooza good boy , not to mention great shooter, and now the "talk of Tennessee"
Congratulations
HFV

The conditions on Wed and Thurs were very deceiving, while the flags were not showing much there was a lot going on out there. The conditions on Friday were some of the worst I have shot in. I saw more huge groups posted on the wailing wall than I have ever seen. Lots of big 1"s and 2"s and several 3". I even saw a couple with some off the record target.

This was my 4th SS and the only one I have attended that it did not rain during the match. It was hot, well almost 90 most days.

I had a good time, but I shot terrible. Oh well there is always next year.

Joe

So how were the conditions this year? Tougher, easier than last year? Any rain?

Mornings were high 50's to lower 60's. Afternoons were up to 90F or so. Hottest Super Shoot I've ever seen by far. Great weather overall.

Highest humidity my Kestrel recorded for Friday and Saturday was 77% (Saturday 9AM), lowest humidity was 47% (Friday 6PM). The Humidity did go lower than the 47% but I don't remember and the Kestrel I have is set to only go back 3 days. Density Altitudes ran from highs of about 3450 Friday to lows of 1750 ft (Thursday 7AM).

Usual Super Shoot winds of quick switches of red to green and tails up in the scope sometimes. Overall winds were milder than usual.

HFV, I thought you were coming up?? Summers really needs another coach (he didn't finish first on all aggs) (but the worst he did in the grands was second as I remember)!!

I have the pleasure of being Jeff's neighbor (26 miles) and I try to pick his brain at times about shooting. Jeff's win is well deserved, he is a great person and a natural shooter. Congratulations to you Jeff, let's do it again next year.

Dan Honert

Uncle Jerry,, I was ashamed for people to see me ,, w/my short legs and all. I'm gonna start sleeping in your motor home , if it will make me shoot like Summers. I remember I spent a couple of nights on that couch @ Unaka,, shot .17 agg in Unlimited 200.

Uncle Jerry,, I was ashamed for people to see me ,, w/my short legs and all. I'm gonna start sleeping in your motor home , if it will make me shoot like Summers. I remember I spent a couple of nights on that couch @ Unaka,, shot .17 agg in Unlimited 200.
It works. Jeff just upped the rent to interlopers though!!

It works. Jeff just upped the rent to interlopers though!!

I don't know Jerry, seems to me I went to wake Jeff up one morning at Dublin and he was pointed in the opposite direction then he was when he layed down on that couch. Maybe it was all the sippin whisky we had the night before. ;)

I don't know Jerry, seems to me I went to wake Jeff up one morning at Dublin and he was pointed in the opposite direction then he was when he layed down on that couch. Maybe it was all the sippin whisky we had the night before. ;)
Sippin? You two don't sip!! A 1/2 gallon of Pendleton in one night?? Then there was Conways Scotch....and a 12 pack of beer....and.......need I go on?

Back