straight vs curved triggers

Apollo

Jason Stanley
Hello everyone.
I am in the process of ordering pieces for a new hunting rifle. (please note: Hunting not Hunter) I have a specific question on which trigger design.
I am set on the Calvin Elite - Timney trigger. I am deciding on the straight vs curved trigger. I have never shot the straight trigger - but it looks pretty cool. Any opinions on the straight vs the curved versions for a hunting rifle?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Stanley

I'm thinkin'....what functional difference would there be in either trigger? I'm also thinkin' you need to get whichever trigger you want.

My thinking.... the straight trigger on a hunting gun would give a little more room in the trigger guard if you were wearing a light glove.

For me, it would depend on what the likely hunting temp’s will be. I would want the curved trigger for cold weather when my trigger finger might be a little less sensitive. The curved trigger would provide more surface contact area than a straight trigger and therefore more feeling to a cold finger. For warm weather hunting such as prairie dog shooting, I think the straight trigger would be fine.

I'm thinkin'....what functional difference would there be in either trigger? I'm also thinkin' you need to get whichever trigger you want.

This is a very interesting topic. Trigger is a big factor specially when you are hunting. I did some research about this and I found a good source of information. You can check this out: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-ar-15-trigger/.

I also have this reference from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/761glw/curved_vs_straight_trigger/

I hope it helps. :)

Is it cold where you guys are at?)chill(

Hi George. It will be high 20's tomorrow. Then, it's into the deep freeze for next week with daily highs from 0 to -8 degrees below zero and night time lows from -15 to -20 below zero. Looks like it might get into the 20's again next weekend, though.

Likely have to chop ice in the mornings to get water for coffee. ;) -Al

Al

Hi George. It will be high 20's tomorrow. Then, it's into the deep freeze for next week with daily highs from 0 to -8 degrees below zero and night time lows from -15 to -20 below zero. Looks like it might get into the 20's again next weekend, though.

Likely have to chop ice in the mornings to get water for coffee. ;) -Al

ya needs to work on installing indoor plumbing!! It's pretty convenient.

I appreciate all the feedback and resources. Thank you! Mr. Nyhus has never steered me wrong over the million questions I have asked him so - I'm going curved. Thanks again for all the responses.
Hope you packed another layer of that Missouri River mud on your mudbrick house - you're going to need it.

Straight or Curved trigger shoe is your choice-
BUT
Purchase a Trigger Tech trigger group instead of any Timney configuration.

(You'll thank me later)

Back