Stolen benchrest rifles

Rich De

This past Friday evening/Saturday morning Rodney Wagner Had two benchrest rifles stolen while at a motel in Hendersonville, NC (Ashville area)
The rifles were taken from his enclosed trailer. Below ia a description from Rodney (Eggman)

The serial numbers are :
BAT B : # B778
Rimrock BR: #BR0253
The two 10-60x 52 March scopes are X341 and X291

Both 6 Dashers but not marked on the barrels . The Rimrock with red and black ST1000 stock had a Vais muzzle brake. The White and Black stocked BAT didn't have a muzzle brake.

I had asked Rodney if he had put anything on this forum and he had not. He asked if I would do it and provided the information.
Rodney was enroute to Piedmont for the Saturday match. One of these guns was the one he set the record with last match. A pistol along with his ammunition were right by the rifles and they were not taken.
Sam lent Rod one of his rifles and I think did fairly well with it.
Rich De

This past Friday evening/Saturday morning Rodney Wagner Had two benchrest rifles stolen while at a motel in Hendersonville, NC (Ashville area)
The rifles were taken from his enclosed trailer. Below ia a description from Rodney (Eggman)

The serial numbers are :
BAT B : # B778
Rimrock BR: #BR0253
The two 10-60x 52 March scopes are X341 and X291

Both 6 Dashers but not marked on the barrels . The Rimrock with red and black ST1000 stock had a Vais muzzle brake. The White and Black stocked BAT didn't have a muzzle brake.

I had asked Rodney if he had put anything on this forum and he had not. He asked if I would do it and provided the information.
Rodney was enroute to Piedmont for the Saturday match. One of these guns was the one he set the record with last match. A pistol along with his ammunition were right by the rifles and they were not taken.
Sam lent Rod one of his rifles and I think did fairly well with it.
Rich De

Hey Rich De,

Does he have any thoughts at all on why they picked out his trailer ? Did they just get lucky or did they know what they were after ? If everyone on here would call the gun and pawn shops in their area they soon could find them unless they sold them to someone who plans on shooting them . If they get real dumb and try to split up the guns and the scopes it would probably make the odds a little better of catching them . A honest pawn dealer should know that a shooter is never going to show at his place with a March scope, much less two . Keep us posted . - Clint

Clint............No, Rodney had not clue? Its also odd that that the thief did not take the pistol and the ammo?
Rich De

BTW, Rodney informed me that the police have caught the SOB that took his rifles. Apparently thru the serial number on one of his March scopes. They have not recovered the rifles. One the suspect allegedly threw off a cliff and the other one was either sold or given to "some guy".
Rodney was able to get a rifle put together with the help of people "in the business!" And did very well with it today at Piedmont.
The facts point to a "random" B,E&L from his truck. Not a "targeted theft!"
Rich De

Back