Stolen BAT LV 6PPC Rifles... Help Request

Friends,

In the spans of less than 90 minutes very early on Weds. morning, while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Phoenix, I took my 2 best BR rifles (housed in a Pelican double-rifle case) and other BR related items from my hotel room down to my rental car, prior to returning to my hotel room to shower and send out some work e-mails before driving to the Ben Avery Range to start my load development work for this weekend's Cactus match.

When I came back to my rental car, I was mortified to find one or more of Phoenix’s finest citizens had broke into my rental car during that brief time and stole both of my 2 rifles...

The work has begun to first obtain a copy of the police report, as it turns out, a very time consuming task that has yet to be achieved… and the battle with the Hilton and respective insurance companies for recovery of the value of my 2 stolen rifles, scopes, etc, has only just begun.

I have attached a picture of one of the 2 stolen BAT rifles (serial# B347KS). This BAT Model B Multi-Flat 1.47” diam. SS action LV RB/LP/RE rifle, black Kelbly Hall-pattern stock and its components are the standard to which all my other BR rifles are judged by. The action and trigger and Leupold scope operate together flawlessly like no other rifle I own. This BAT rifle’s award achievement pedigree is unmatched within all the BR rifles I have ever owned.

My second stolen BAT rifle, a BAT Model B 1.35” round SS RB/LP/RE action (Serial# to be confirmed) is also stocked in a solid red-mold color Kelbly Hall-pattern stock is also a top performing rifle.

I will pay a very attractive cash award to anyone who can help assist with the return of either or both of my BR rifles. I fully understand there very little chance these rifles will ever be located from wherever they now rest.

I would like to extend my sincere heartfelt thanks to everyone who has called, text and e-mailed me this past week with their offers of support in loaning me their rifles, etc… in order that I may have shot in this weekend’s Cactus Classic match. My heart’s just not into it… but thank you all very much!

Your friendship and phone calls means very much to me and is the major reason why I love our BR sport so very much!

Jack Neary
Cell: 440-590-5299

Attachments

• BAT Model B Multi-Flat 6PPC LV Rifle Serial# B347KS.jpg
    BAT Model B Multi-Flat 6PPC LV Rifle Serial# B347KS.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 1,244
lucky?

You might get lucky like Larry did at Manatee, they might go to a match and try to sell.. Good luck. You will probably get them back.
Trout

Oh GEEZ

I really hate to read stuff like that Jack. Someone that would steal like that is awful low on the totem pole as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully the Hotel has security footage of the thief(s) and the rifles are recovered in decent shape. Rifles like yours are difficult to duplicate so I'm sure even replacing them will be a quest in itself. WD

May they burn in Hades

Jack, I am so very sorry this has happened. Phoenix has begun to get a reputation for motel vehicle thefts. First there was Wayne's wheel thefts and now this. I sincerely hope you get them back. A winning rifle is difficult to replace.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Mr. Neary. My sincerest wishes for you to get your rifles returned. A family member of mine lives in the Phoenix metro area and buys/sells/sees a lot of guns. He's keeping his eyes open for your rifles.

If there's any justice in the Universe, you'll get 5 minutes alone with the azzhat(s) that stole your rigs before the police get there. Just you, them, a closed door and rusty ball peen hammer....;) -Al

Last edited:
Camera

Check with the Motel. They may have video of the theft. Many a thief is captured because of video. Most hotels and motels have video cameras set up to record claims of injury. Many insurance companies insist on this to cut down on false claims. Further most of them have disclaimers prominently posted saying they are not liable for thefts.

jack,
thanks got the 133 class.
check armslist/arizona
and just armslist, along with other rifle selling sites...daily

search for the scopes and the stocks as well

Sorry

Sorry Jack for your lost. We all know how hard it is to replace "The Gun". You are still a great shooter and will back on top soon. Good luck with all! Butch

Shared it over on my competitive shooting web site and some of those folks live in that area and can keep their eyes open for you.

Back