Stiller 2500X

Bill B

I had the opportunity to shoot a rifle built on a 2500X action today. I liked it! Easy to load and very smooth. (The rifle I shot also shot very well.) Good job Jerry. Does that make me a SAP?

Bill: Lucky you! My 2500x is still being built/tested so you are ahead of me.

You a SAP? I suppose we could say that. Would you prefer to be a PAS? bob

It's not my rifle. I was only testing it. It PASsed. This rifle was slapped together primarily for the purpose of evaluating the action. The fact that it shot lights out was just a bonus, or maybe Gordon's magic.

Question

It's not my rifle. I was only testing it. It PASsed. This rifle was slapped together primarily for the purpose of evaluating the action. The fact that it shot lights out was just a bonus, or maybe Gordon's magic.

Assume Eck was the Smithy, whose barrel was used ?

Chuck

Assume Eck was the Smithy, whose barrel was used ?

Chuck

I wish I could tell you. I asked him the same question. He told me he didn't know as it was "just a barrel he had lying around the shop." It wasn't in the junk barrel pile, so he figured it wouldn't be too bad and fit it to the 2500X. When he invited me to check out the SPF 2500X, he told me not to expect much in regards to accuracy cause he had just thrown it together. He put it in a stock he had that was inletted for a Turbo, and he hadn't even re-bedded it yet for the 2500X. I told him that if/when he decided to sell it, I have dibbs.

Bill were you and Gordon surprised by the results provided by the action?

Damm another good shooting 5R!!! I'm glad I took the advice of the experts ( that would be you and Gordon ).

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

No, we weren't surprised by the action; the rifle did surprise us though. This rifle was put together just for the purpose to evaluate and get familiar with the action. I knew Gordon was getting in a 2500X and I expressed interest in seeing it. So I go to his shop and he hands me this rifle telling me not to expect it to shoot too well, he hadn't adjusted the trigger, the stock is bedded for a Turbo and would need to be redone, but the 2500x action screws lined up, the barrel was one that he had lying around the shop etc. Using a 1/2 box of ammo he had off the 6 machine, and a 1/2 box off the 2 machine, I shot a 250-16X in 37 degree weather with a switchy breeze coming up the mountain. We didn't even touch the tuner. It took about 10 shots for it to settle down, but when it did, it was very consistent and not wind sensitive. Yeah, that kind of surprised us.

That's great shooting on that tuff range!!!

I can picture Gordon handing you the gun and saying exactly those words "don't expect too much" and then he over delivered. Some other smiths say too much and then under deliver.

Now that I've been bitten by this rimfire accuracy bug I envy you guys that get to play with their guns all the time.

See you when it thaws.......

Chris

Back