Steve Jaynes shoots 250-25X at Ky state today

J

JackieStogsdill

Steve was on a roll at 100yds today shooting the prettiest set of targets I have ever laid my eyes on. This is no big surprise, he shot 24X's at last month's match. I will take some pics of the targets, and with help from George, should get them posted sometime tomorrow. Thanks to the shooters, target crew and range officer, the match went silk smoothe all day long. Here are the top three scores at each yardage and the Grand. Full results on the IBS website soon. Thanks to all.

100yd

1. Steve Jaynes 250-25X
2. Chris Roland 250-23X
3. Ricky Bell 250-23X

200yd

1. Greg Yanders 250-10X
2. Carl Partin 250-9X
3. Ricky Bell 250-8X

Grand

1. Ricky Bell 500-31X
2. Greg Yanders 500-31X
3. Robert Brockman 500-26X

Was a very good day at Buckcreek today, the hot dogs were better than usual, the mirage was better than usual. Congratulations to Steve on a great score shoot at 100 yards. I was shooting next to him and after the 4th target I asked to see his trigger finger, well jumpin Jack Flashes me his trigger finger, that fast, I guess you know which finger was extended. Steve put on a demonstration today, he shot well indeed and with mass produced bullets = go figure. Good shooting Steve, I'll never ask to see your trigger finger again!!!!!

Dan Honert

Way to go, Steve, Greg and Ricky! Congrats on some fine shooting and your respective wins. Wish I could have been there to say so in person. I do look forward to seeing you all again soon.--Mike Ezell

Great Shooting, 25O 25-X is hard to come by. Congratulations to the other winners as well.

Dan, what's the story on the "mass produced bullets"??.......jackie

Jackie, since Dan is sleeping in after the drive back to Tennessee, I will answer your question. Steve was shooting 110gr Berger bullets. He had high X count at 200yds also, but dropped some points. That 17T Bartlein of his loves them.

OOPS, sorry Dan, figured you were snoooooozing this am.

Congratulations, Steve. Lots of wipeouts, too. I don't know if you were nervous on that last target, but you seemed cool as a cucumber.

Congratulations to Greg, too. The wind was trickier in the afternoon and 250-10X was an impressive score.

Cheers,
Keith

Yessir!! 25 at Jackie's place (or anywhere else) is fine shootin. More congrats to all the winners.

Wayne Lewis

Back