Stepping Away

Don't know you sir, but I understand completely.

All shooting sports (at the least the ones I know a little about) seem to be suffering to one degree or another. Ranges are overrun by AR shooters who seem to think success is running though massive amounts of ammo with little thought of actually hitting something. Don't get me wrong, some AR shooters are indeed fine shooters and very capable of "laying" them in. Those chaps, and ladies, I respect.

Others, be they 22LR or on up shooters, tend to take themselves a little too seriously and stretch their knowledge a bit on their computers. Some of them will eventually learn while others will happily continue on on their self proclaimed path to wherever it is they are going.

I try very hard to sort the grain from the chaff and your sir have always had pure grain in your posts.

You sir will be missed as will others who have quietly slipped away.

Jim

I hope you will stay

While I do not know the issues, it appears your input is far too valuable to loose. Using the ignore setting is good advice or simply just not answering the antagonists. Tennyrate, the shooting community needs you to continue to contribute so please re-consider.

Pete

George,

I hate that you're leaving the board!

However, I understand and "Feel Your Pain!"

Bart

You'll certainly be missed on here!

Hey! I like wrestling in the mud with pigs. What a person does with a pig in his own ditch should be his own business. All kidding aside, George, I will miss you. Tim

Don't know you sir, but I understand completely.

All shooting sports (at the least the ones I know a little about) seem to be suffering to one degree or another. Ranges are overrun by AR shooters who seem to think success is running though massive amounts of ammo with little thought of actually hitting something. Don't get me wrong, some AR shooters are indeed fine shooters and very capable of "laying" them in. Those chaps, and ladies, I respect.

Others, be they 22LR or on up shooters, tend to take themselves a little too seriously and stretch their knowledge a bit on their computers. Some of them will eventually learn while others will happily continue on on their self proclaimed path to wherever it is they are going.

I try very hard to sort the grain from the chaff and your sir have always had pure grain in your posts.

You sir will be missed as will others who have quietly slipped away.

Jim

That's a pretty damn good assessment of the situation Jim. Thanks for the clarity!

Last but certainly not least: "Illegitimi non carborundum".

Good night.

tick say around yay e way eed nay you say. My best pig latin - translate , Stick around, we need you. You guys have a good night PS lighten up. Tom J.

Hey! I like wrestling in the mud with pigs. What a person does with a pig in his own ditch should be his own business. All kidding aside, George, I will miss you. Tim

Would you share?.........I'll bring some Iowa mud....

Hell, the way the laws are here now, I could possibly be your best man.....and............I won't squeal on you Timothy.....:cool:

Last edited:
Mr. Ulrich,

I couldn't pick you out of line-up, but your reputation precedes you. You obviously know your way around a lathe, mill, and a rifle. And it's people like you who keep me and a whole bunch of others hanging around places like this. If you would let me draw you an analogy...

I have spent the past 25 years of my life in law enforcement. The vast majority of the people I have dealt with in this time are good, honest, hard-by God-working people. And for them, I have given them everything I've got. It's gotten me cursed, berated, beat-up, more surgeries than I care to remember, and shot at. But those who deserved it, got it. And it was worth it...no regrets.

Those who fell within the non-vast majority...they yelled, cursed, accused, ran, threw punches, and shot at me. I tried to talk/argue/rationalize with them until I realized I was jousting with windmills. It served no purpose...you can't logic or reason with people who are incapable of reason or logic. So I stopped trying. I no longer engaged. In one ear, and out the other. Oh, I always kept an open mind...because I am a human and occasionally get it wrong...but one quickly learns to separate the wheat from the chaff. And I was always mindful of my presentation, because it's not always what you say, but how you say it. But with some people, it didn't matter. I told them what was up...if they didn't buy, shame on them. I didn't lose sleep over it.

And neither should you.

But I never let it jaundice my attitude towards those who needed or wanted my help, knowledge, or expertise.

And you shouldn't either.

If you enjoy your time here with the vast majority, you should stay. I think most of us appreciate your presence. Learn to ignore those who only come to argue...do not engage. You do not have to defend yourself. Those who know, know.

And to all of us: Let's exercise a little diplomacy when we question each other on the various beliefs, theories, and methods we subscribe to. If we don't, we'll chase off the Ulrich's, the Schmidt's, etc. If you wouldn't say it to them if you were standing right in front of them, well...you probably shouldn't say it.

I'm here to learn. If you want argue and compare d!ck sizes, go to 24hourcampfire.

Justin

Mr. Ulrich,

I couldn't pick you out of line-up, but your reputation precedes you. You obviously know your way around a lathe, mill, and a rifle. And it's people like you who keep me and a whole bunch of others hanging around places like this. If you would let me draw you an analogy...

I have spent the past 25 years of my life in law enforcement. The vast majority of the people I have dealt with in this time are good, honest, hard-by God-working people. And for them, I have given them everything I've got. It's gotten me cursed, berated, beat-up, more surgeries than I care to remember, and shot at. But those who deserved it, got it. And it was worth it...no regrets.

Those who fell within the non-vast majority...they yelled, cursed, accused, ran, threw punches, and shot at me. I tried to talk/argue/rationalize with them until I realized I was jousting with windmills. It served no purpose...you can't logic or reason with people who are incapable of reason or logic. So I stopped trying. I no longer engaged. In one ear, and out the other. Oh, I always kept an open mind...because I am a human and occasionally get it wrong...but one quickly learns to separate the wheat from the chaff. And I was always mindful of my presentation, because it's not always what you say, but how you say it. But with some people, it didn't matter. I told them what was up...if they didn't buy, shame on them. I didn't lose sleep over it.

And neither should you.

But I never let it jaundice my attitude towards those who needed or wanted my help, knowledge, or expertise.

If you enjoy your time here with the vast majority, you should stay. I think most of us appreciate your presence. Learn to ignore those who only come to argue...do not engage. You do not have to defend yourself. Those who know, know.

And to all of us: Let's exercise a little diplomacy when we question each other on the various beliefs, theories, and methods we subscribe to. If we don't, we'll chase off the Ulrich's, the Schmidt's, etc. If you wouldn't say it to them if you were standing right in front of them, well...you probably shouldn't say it.

I'm here to learn. If you want argue and compare d!ck sizes, go to 24hourcampfire.

Justin

One of the best posts I've seen anywhere. Thank you, Justin, for your insight and your LE service. -- Scott

Mr. Ulrich,

And neither should you.

Justin
Justin, very well said! Just remember, most of the $hitasses are much more polite in person!!

George...

For those of you that don't really know George, or how smart he Really is, he is considered by many that do know him as a "tool and die makers" MAKER! When it comes to working with metal and tools, there isn't much that George doesn't know how to do or can't do! I hope you reconsider George.
Ron

Mr. Ulrich,

And neither should you.

Justin
Good on you, in a lot of ways. I must have a small dick cause I stopped the 24hour.
I'm new to the sport and came here to learn. We need all walks of life to learn.
People can beat you up but don't let them beat you down. Be like the duck thing, water off your back. That's good for the blood pressure too. Tom J.

Back