St. Louis results?

Just heard from a friend who was at the match. In the words of Uncle Versy Ledbetter (of Jerry Clower fame), Larry Costa delivered the "overwhelming somanual". James

I just want to thank the folks at St. Louis who put on a great match as usual.
It is a sad indicator of the times that only 56 shooters attended such a prestigious match that is so well run. As I talked to the other shooters there was a consistent theme of expense, component shortages and the like.
I did use my Super Feet for the second time and they worked okay. I did have to keep them wet and clean because the new benches are so smooth that otherwise they would slip.
Once again thanks to all that ran the match.
Larry

It is a sad indicator of the times that only 56 shooters attended such a prestigious match that is so well run. As I talked to the other shooters there was a consistent theme of expense, component shortages and the like.
I did use my Super Feet for the second time and they worked okay. I did have to keep them wet and clean because the new benches are so smooth that otherwise they would slip.
Larry

Well done Larry,
I think the use of Super Feet may become more and more a requirement of ranges, especially those with new or near new concrete tops.
I guess we all got so used to tapping in our stand pegs that we tend to forget that we damage the surface. Some benchtops 'down under' now look like the surface of the moon!
I don't have a problem with the Feet, but as you say they need to be kept clean and damp for maximum effectiveness.

Brendan Atkinson

Larry

Larry, I missed asking you about surface I did take a poll on that subject on the fri.before the east west, I did not ask any brrc members but it was a 90% majority that preferred a rougher surface actually only 4 liked the smooth surface and 4 did not care. for what its worth......g

Larry

Larry, I missed asking you about surface I did take a poll on that subject on the fri.before the east west, I did not ask any brrc members but it was a 90% majority that preferred a rougher surface actually only 4 liked the smooth surface and 4 did not care. for what its worth...george

George,
From what Scott said, one of the disciplines that shoot there use bipods and that is the reason they changed the tops and require super feet. Those shooters shoot 600 yards and want the bipod to come back smoothly.
Okay by me.
Larry

Larry, I guess maybe its the f class shooters that don't want to lay on the ground which in itself is odd. anyway just giving you the poll results....george

Back