Sporters

All of 2012 & the 1st few shoots last year I would fill the clip & shoot. Reload etc. Then my match director came by & said I couldn't do that. They had to be loaded individually. I figured it was a safety thing. Then I thought, well, what's the sense to have one then? I still haven't seen that in the rules but makes no difference to me either way.
Keith

Keith,
That's a good one, never heard that before??
Pete

There is no rule that would disallow you to shoot from the magazine if you choose. Unless they just made it up?

Yup

I was wrong about that one. I am so use to IBS rules that I miss informed Keith regarding using the magazine. In IBS Score, Hunter guns must have a magazine capable of holding two rounds BUT the magazine can not be used in a match. It's tough to get old :( ; AND, I was a year early on the no safety rule for Sporters as well. Please forgive me Keith.

Pete

Last edited:
No Problem

I was wrong about that one. I am so use to IBS rules that I miss informed Keith regarding using the magazine. In IBS Score, Hunter guns must have a magazine capable of holding two rounds BUT the magazine can not be used in a match. It's toughto get old :) ; AND, I was a year early on the no safety rule for Sporters as well. Please forgive me Keith.

Pete

Nothing to forgive you for Pete! Not a big deal. I figured it was for safety or something in the rules I hadn't read. As I said it makes no difference to me. I was just surprised that the rifle has to have a magazine & yet they're not used.
If you were a year early on the safety thing does that make Dave CCRC Sporter Champ?? :)
Keith

Effective this year a safety is no longer required for a sporter. This is due to the tendency of the spring in the safety to break, causing problems. You are correct, the rule book is overdue an update and we are in the process of giving it a thorough review in order to clarify a few rules that we often get questions about. Any rules changes made since the last revision will be included in this revision. It will be available around mid-March.

I'm gonna stick with the old rule book at Easthampton until the new rule is in print. It's tough being a match director and calling the rules if it ain't in print to back up a protest.

Bill - have you been checking the 50/50 Support email?

Michael

Back