Southcreek

Brief Summary of Michelle Sutton Memorial shoot

The Michelle Sutton Memorial Charity Shoot went well this weekend. Through competitor contributions, 56% of the HV match fees, a raffle for a very special plaque that Jack and Judy Deming had made in memory of Michelle, the Rimrock Action auction, the quilt raffle, and sales for the Memorial Rifle Raffle and the South Creek Winter league contributions almost $6000 was raised to be forwarded to the American Cancer Society in the memory of Michelle Sutton.

The shooters were great and we thank them for their efforts and contributions.

Top Lines of the competition:
HV100 Joel Nader, Ron Burdick , Jeff Stover, Jack Sutton and Dale Boop
LV 100 Joel Nader, Jeff Stover, Harley Baker, Tim Lebarron and Dale Boop
HV200 Pando Vasiloski, Tim Reed, Joel Nader, Bill Eckenrode, Kent Harshman
LV200 Jeff Stover, Robert Kenderdine, Pando Vasiloski, Tim Reed, Bill Eckenrode

HV Grand Joel Nader, Ron Burdick, Kent Harshman, Jack Sutton, Dale Boop
LV Grand Jeff Stover, Robert Kenderdine, Joel Nader, Dale Boop, Jack Sutton

2 Gun Joel Nader, Jeff Stover, Dale Boop, Jack Sutton, Kent Harshman

Congratulations to all.

Thanks to Jack and Judy Deming for running the match and thanks to Larry and Cindy and Rick Hertzog, Gary and Kim Amatrudo, Joan Borden, Eric Stover and all of the club members that pitched in made it happen.

Thanks to Pat Clark for the beautiful quilt.

More details and pictures to follow on IBS webpage tomorrow.

Jim Borden

Last edited:
Top 2 in 2 Gun

Notice the nice trophies in memory of Michelle
2GUN_top2.jpg

Way to go Joel, nice shooting. I hope you haven't been getting into Baker's stash:eek:...we in the BR community couldn't take it if another shooter had to go under the congressional microscope:p Jeff, it looks like you picked up right where you left off at the Super Shoot, another strong finish. Nice shooting to all the top finishers.

Joel

Congrats for the well deserved 2 gun. Sounds like Senator Mitchell will be doing an investigation. On what is going on inside the Baker reloading rig. Tony

southcreek

CONGRATUALTIONS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS
Special THANKS TO JACK AND JUDY DEMMING
tHE GREAT PEOPLE AT SOUTH CREEK AND
JIM AND JOAN BORDEN KIM AMATRUDO, AND ALL OF THE RANGE COMMITTEE FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB OF SCORING.
It was one of the best matches ever'''

Congrats Joel you shot great!!!

The match ran well and Michele would of been proud of you guys. Thanks Jack and Judy Deming, Jim and Joan Borden, Larry and Cindy Hertzog, Gary and Kim Amatrudo, Paul Ryan and everyone else that pitched in running the match. Congrats to all the other winners. It was a good time for a good benefit to raise funds for the cancer society.
DBoop

Way to go Joel

Just be careful or a Harley will be throwin you out of the trailer.

Hey guys,thanks for all the digs,but this shoot was entirely about Michelle.
All the contributions,donations and effort put forth by everyone that she has touched throughout the years is her legacy to her time with us. To give, even though we ourselves are in need is the example she has set for us to follow. We are all better for having known her. As the years go by, I can't imagine any of us forgetting her.
joel

Joel - I can't believe that could have been your first 2-gun win. You have been at the top of the standings for quite some time now. I am sure there will be more to come. It is pretty darn hard to breath in your exhaust fumes! You got a good lead by winning the both 100 yard aggs and shot solid at 200...a fine performance.

Yes, all of us at the SCNT should thank Jack and Judy Deming, Jim and Joan Borden and Gary and Kim Amatrudo for all their hard work. Also to Gerry Malerba for great efforts on behalf of the American Cancer Society in Michelle Sutton's memory.

Also of note: Michelle's father, P. J. Hart, shot the weekend. I think he said it was his first shoot in 15 years. It was great to see him - I hadn't for some 20+ years.

Congratulations as well to Pando Vasiloski. He is known for popping down some real small groups, but his HV200 agg win might have been a first for him; he was able to assemble a fine aggregate. He was on his way to winning the LV200 agg too, but his last two groups hurt. He later said that he was getting a bit nervous. I noticed his shooting is maturing and he will be no stranger to the winner's circle in the future.

Jeff

Back