source for tungsten rod/butt stock weights

Or, maybe your local newspaper actually UNDERSTANDS journalism? Sounds to me as though you do not!

"editorial"

ed·i·to·ri·al
/ˌedəˈtôrēəl/

noun
a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue.

An OPINION.

And, please note that in a truly journalistic environment there's room for more than one opinion....

I say this because it's also a problem right here on Wilbur's board...... and everywhere today in this "everybody must get along" environment we've created for ourselfs...

As I've said before, howsa'bout's we all put on our big-boy pants and DISCUSS different OPINIONS the way civilized humans do??

Our local paper is run by A Morman and I'll give him this, he understands his job. The editorial pages look like a seesaw.

vive la difference!

It's about consistency. If you're going to take a stand against guns then don't try to profit from them at the same time. That said I voted with my checkbook not to support the local local paper some years ago. They would sometimes publish opposing views as a LTTE but NEVER as an op-ed, but as I see it they never have quite the impact as the op-ed did. To boycott eBay because they don't allow firearms to be bought sold or traded there is meh. There are plenty of places to buy IF I was buying. I have yet to join AARP because of their firearms stance.

The local local paper used to be owned by one Michael Gartner who went on to become president IIRC NBC news [the ones who staged the gas tank explosion]. Now I consider the local paper to be the Des Moines Ragister whose best use is for keeping my gun cleaning bench clean.

Last edited:
It's about consistency. If you're going to take a stand against guns then don't try to profit from them at the same time. That said I voted with my checkbook not to support the local local paper some years ago. They would sometimes publish opposing views as a LTTE but NEVER as an op-ed, but as I see it they never have quite the impact as the op-ed did. To boycott eBay because they don't allow firearms to be bought sold or traded there is meh. There are plenty of places to buy IF I was buying. I have yet to join AARP because of their firearms stance.

The local local paper used to be owned by one Michael Gartner who went on to become president IIRC NBC news [the ones who staged the gas tank explosion]. Now I consider the local paper to be the Des Moines Ragister whose best use is for keeping my gun cleaning bench clean.

Thank You for an informed and well thought out reply!

I'm delighted to stand corrected

so it is ok for YOU to VOTE with your check book, BUT not ok for anyone else ?
paypal and its owner, ebay, are known anti gun companies.....
but i cannot take a stand with them, 'casue you say so ?

How did we get here?

We were talking about increasing the weight of a rifle. We should ask how this thread came down to this. Why not take the simple way out and just screw a slab of lead to the bottom of the stock and call it a day?

We were talking about increasing the weight of a rifle. We should ask how this thread came down to this. Why not take the simple way out and just screw a slab of lead to the bottom of the stock and call it a day?

HANG on...... !

I'm going thru all sorts of calisthenics weighting my rifles (5 different setups) and you say "slab of lead on bottom??"

Please a'splain man!

lol as it started...
1" dia about 3"long is ONE LB of lead
NO IDEA WHAT A LEAD BUTT PLATE MIGHT WEIGH !

HANG on...... !

I'm going thru all sorts of calisthenics weighting my rifles (5 different setups) and you say "slab of lead on bottom??"

Please a'splain man!

What part of a slab do you not understand?

HANG on...... !

Please a'splain man!
To the root of this problem. The man wants to add weight to his riffle. A slab of lead 3 inches wide attached under the forearm as long as possible and as thick as necessarily for as much weight as he wants.

It could be painted or covered with something to keep it from looking like just a slab of lead.

Concho Bill

so it is ok for YOU to VOTE with your check book, BUT not ok for anyone else ?
paypal and its owner, ebay, are known anti gun companies.....
but i cannot take a stand with them, 'casue you say so ?

If you don't like eBay or PP because of their firearm policies that's certainly your choice. I don't choose to cut off my nose to spite my face. I don't care enough to bother looking but does eBay have a published anti-gun ownership policy or do they just refuse to allow them to be sold thru their venue? Just want to make sure that you're not confusing the two.

you should read the whole thread.
the rifle is already front heavy,
i wanted weight in the back/butt
accomplished..2 1" dia tungsten bucking bars on top of each other in the very back of the butt stock...

To the root of this problem. The man wants to add weight to his riffle. A slab of lead 3 inches wide attached under the forearm as long as possible and as thick as necessarily for as much weight as he wants.

It could be painted or covered with something to keep it from looking like just a slab of lead.

Concho Bill

you are such a two sided/two faced child.
you said the paper had no standards for taking ad money and being anti-gun.
but you..
you are supossedly pro gun but spend your money with a known anti gun company.
you should stay off sites that have adult supervision.

If you don't like eBay or PP because of their firearm policies that's certainly your choice. I don't choose to cut off my nose to spite my face. I don't care enough to bother looking but does eBay have a published anti-gun ownership policy or do they just refuse to allow them to be sold thru their venue? Just want to make sure that you're not confusing the two.

you are such a two sided/two faced child.
you said the paper had no standards for taking ad money and being anti-gun.
but you..
you are supossedly pro gun but spend your money with a known anti gun company.
you should stay off sites that have adult supervision.

Link the anti-gun policy from eBay's website if you would please.

If you gurgle "specific gravity of metals" you'll probably find a chart.

The way I read it;
-lead=11.34
-gold=19.25
-tungsten=19.25
-tungsten carbide (old milling bits)=14.29, still heavier than lead

Dnser is the word you are looking for.

More weight per volume.

Back