source for tungsten rod/butt stock weights

DU is 19.1 gm/cm^3
Tungsten is 19.3 gm/cm^3

If you can find DU it would be an excellent mass source.

The government sort of has a corner on the market though.
They are about the only producer.

The Gubment does not have a corner on humor however;)

I managed to get a DU perpetrator before the Government clamped down on them being sold.

The army sold off some from decommissioned ammunition by accident.

The new ones are a lot longer than my short one.

Overall about 19 inches.

The cyclotrons at Brookhaven National Laboratory use Tungsten bars for (around 70 pounds each)
to shield items in the proton beam from excessive exposure.

The bars are 1.5 inches thick and 3 inches wide.
You actually have to use more than one to stop the protons being used for testing.

DU is about $300 for a 10 gram piece.

Stick with Tungsten.

Last edited:
so after my continued searching for pure/heavy stuff i found round
rivet bucking bars on amazon from Midwest Tungsten Service,
while they are advertised at 1.8lbs they came in at 1.9.
$90 each, which added 3.8 lbs to the back of the buttstock.
holes are cut, just need to pick a sealant so they do not move.
yeah i sold a low end gun to pay for them.

so after my continued searching for pure/heavy stuff i found round
rivet bucking bars on amazon from Midwest Tungsten Service,
while they are advertised at 1.8lbs they came in at 1.9.
$90 each, which added 3.8 lbs to the back of the buttstock.
holes are cut, just need to pick a sealant so they do not move.
yeah i sold a low end gun to pay for them.

Tungsten sure ain't cheap!

With all the insecurity in the world markets these days, why not go for a chunk of gold, the upside being who would look for it hidden in a rifle?

With all the insecurity in the world markets these days, why not go for a chunk of gold, the upside being who would look for it hidden in a rifle?

yeahh..... no..... I put 3.6lb of lead-filled copper pipe into my 600yd Light gun

3.5lb gold is around $85,000.00 USD ..... my luck I'd get a wild hair and sell that gun.

And forget......

LOL

duh
you cannot buy a gun there.

I know duh; I wouldn't buy a gun there even if it was allowed to sell/buy them there. It was just as hypocritical of the local paper to editorialize about gun control on one page and take ad revenue for their buy sell trade in the classifieds. eBay is apparently no different. I suppose that there justification is that nobody can kill anybody with a set of reloading dies. Craigslist OTOH won't allow an empty ammunition box to be listed.

.......It was just as hypocritical of the local paper to editorialize about gun control on one page and take ad revenue for their buy sell trade in the classifieds. .........

Or, maybe your local newspaper actually UNDERSTANDS journalism? Sounds to me as though you do not!

"editorial"

ed·i·to·ri·al
/ˌedəˈtôrēəl/

noun
a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue.

An OPINION.

And, please note that in a truly journalistic environment there's room for more than one opinion....

I say this because it's also a problem right here on Wilbur's board...... and everywhere today in this "everybody must get along" environment we've created for ourselfs...

As I've said before, howsa'bout's we all put on our big-boy pants and DISCUSS different OPINIONS the way civilized humans do??

Our local paper is run by A Morman and I'll give him this, he understands his job. The editorial pages look like a seesaw.

vive la difference!

Back